PH1: The Darque Demense (Bront judging)

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eleria draws her rapier and passes through the threshold behind Elthic and Abdul. Still near the front entrance, she surveys the interior.

“It would seem that something, at least, is intent on keeping us from finding the secrets of this place, so I suggest that you do not stray far from the group. There’s no telling what we might uncover.”

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=Abdul]The room distorts and then snaps back into place without difference. The statue appears to be non-magical as do the contents of the bookshelf beside it. (9 rounds of Detect Magic remaining)
OOC: If you want, you can use the Strike Through feature on your spells that you've used so you can still see what you had before using it. It's beside the Bold, Italicize, and Underline options in the reply window.[/sblock]
The room seems normal and functional, if a bit dusty. The breeze from outside brings a trace of fresh air into the room that smells of being closed up for too long. The statue is a suit of full plate with a longsword held by the pommel in it's hands and resting point down between it's armored feet. The door near Elthic is wooden and not heavily fortified. There does not appear to be a lock on it. Abdul can see through the archway beside the statue into what appears to be a dining room.

Attachments

• DarqueDemense6.JPG
    DarqueDemense6.JPG
    47.5 KB · Views: 113

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir watched the others move, keeping an eye on them from the doorway. When no obvious thread makes itself known, he steps forward, keeping an open line to the two doors and the stairs.

WarlockLord

First Post
Abdul decides to enter the dining room, but stay in sight of the others. He scans it for magical auras.

[sblock=OOC phoenix]
I'll use strike through next time I cast a spell.
[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Abdul walks forward into the dining room. He sees a door in what must be the bottom of the tower wall as well as a door to his left, both closed. Suddenly, Abdul hears a rustle of movement as something beneath the table and chairs moves towards him! From beneath the chair nearest him a form appears and goes right for his legs!! Looking down, the wizard sees a large white cat now rubbing against his legs and purring affectionately as it goes back and forth from one leg to the other.

Looking more closely, you see that the cat is very thin and has lost a little of it's medium length fur in a few spots. It appears to be starving, as well as starving for attention. The room smells as if the cat has stayed in here for too long as well. More interestingly perhaps, you notice a metal key hanging from a hook beside the back door!

Xir, Elthic, and Eleria remain in the front room, but Eleria and Xir get to see Abdul jump a bit as the cat comes barreling out at him.

[sblock=Abdul]Your detect magic sees nothing glowing within the dining room. (8 rounds left)[/sblock]

Attachments

• DarqueDemense7.JPG
    DarqueDemense7.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 105

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
At the sign of the cat, Eleria rustles through her pack and retrieves a small bundle of trail rations, which she proceeds to break into smaller pieces and feed to the emaciated feline. As she does so, she looks around the room to see anything else of interest.

“I wonder if this just a pet, or the familiar Darque spoke of. Hmmm, surely not.”

WarlockLord

First Post
"The Familiar's name translates to 'Rat-Killer,' so I would assume it would be a cat," replies Abdul. Abdul goes to get the key, but inches slowly in case of traps (and pauses to scan it with his spell). "Elthic, have you any experience with booby-trapping a key on a hook? Could you take a look at this, please? . Abdul picks up the cat with one arm and pets it, hoping it's presence will protect him as he moves slowly toward the key.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Just to let you all know, I'm waiting to post until after Wik posts something for Elthic, since he's been asked something directly by Abdul. And since we haven't heard from him in a couple days. If there's nothing from him by this time tomorrow, I'll go ahead. Just wanted you to know I wasn't ignoring you all.[/sblock]

Deus Ex Machina

First Post
Eventually, the elven bard's curiosity gets the better of her and she walks over to the bookshelf to inspect the contents. She gives the armored suit a wide berth.

[sblock=OOC]Take 20 on search of bookshelf and surrounding area: 23.[/sblock]

Remove ads