PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
OOC: Good news on the AoO :)

Kona'i notices the orc wailing on Xir and realizes he needs to slow this brute down. He focuses some ki and strikes at the orc, hoping to stun it momentarily. Unfortunately his blow goes wild (8 to hit).

OOC: Wasted Stunning Fist attempt. :(

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: I was pretty sure activating an item wouldn't provoke, which was why I did that rather than casting a prepared one. Now if only you guys would stop missing...

"Um, Dair? Maybe you should try, I don't know, stabbing it or something?" Periwinkle suggests as she applies the wand again to Xir. The wand is less effective this time, but still cures 5 hit points.

Halford

First Post
Dair gives Sister Periwinkle a look that ought to curdle paint, though his eyes still flicker briefly to her posterior.

"You stab it." He mutters mutinously.

After the Orcs next attack the little halfling sends another shot spiralling off into the darkness. He glowers at Periwinkle inviting further comment.

[sblock=I rolled a 2, why hast thou forsaken me Invisible Castle?]Hit, damage (1d20+4=6, 1d3+1=2) [/sblock]

OOC: Man I need Precise Shot badly!

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Dair sends another slingstone flying off into the darkness.
-Periwinkle uses the wand on Xir once more, but his wounds are not completely healed this time.
-Xir's resolve guides his hand as his blade strikes home, drawing a gurgling breath from the orc before it slides off his blade and crumples to the floor.

Silence reigns for a moment, then your heartbeats pound in your ears as you come down from the rush of combat. Looking around more thoroughly, you see that you stand upon a 10' wide ledge that stretches out 60 or 70 feet from the rock wall behind you. Embedded in that wall are several blue crystals glowing feebly in a large circle. There are faint wisps of blue smoke flowing between the crystals along the surface of the stone. Somewhere above you is a rocky ceiling, though you can't see it in this light. Looking down from the ledge, you see a rocky floor 15 or 20 feet below the level you stand on. At the far end of the span away from the crystals the path goes into another rock face turning it into a tunnel some 10 to 15 feet tall and wide.

lukfugl

First Post
Once the orc falls, Kona'i straightens up from his battle stance, but his eyes remain cast down in shame from his display of futility against the orcs. After a few moments, he remembers the torch he'd collected in the room upstairs and pulls it out of his pack, uncertain how much longer Periwinkle's shield will continue to glow.

"I..." he begins, then shakes his head. "Good fighting. I suggest we follow that tunnel." After this he goes silent again, lost in thought.

Halford

First Post
Dair huffs haughtily as he unwraps his ring its light, similar to the Everburning Torch, spilling out. He then rubs his hands together and sets to searching the Orcs with great vigor, up to and including checking inside their mouths.

"Lets go."

Phoenix8008

First Post
Dair finds two suits of studded leather armor (with one large hole in one of them) and two old and worn falchions. In their belt pouches is a total of 8 silver coins and 24 copper coins, both of an old an unfamiliar origin. Nothing but rotten teeth withing their mouths though.

Each PC gets 75 XP for defeating the 2 orcs.

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir inclines his head at the lady healer, though wounds still show on him. These are not undead. All is not what it appears. Let us scout ahead and see what can be see. He looks at the light a moment and adds, 'Fire attracts the eyes of flies.' Best I scout for I am home in darkness.

OOC: Assuming no objections, he'll scout ahead. After he's easily heard by the others the first few times (MS1, MS2), the third is a charm (MS3: 15, HS1: 18).

OOC: Next init: 8

Remove ads