PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle, inspired by Dair's accuracy, lifts her morningstar high with an "Oof!" and wades into the battle!

"Hey, you! Stop trying to hurt my friends!" she yells, as she swings the morningstar at the first orc. Her attack is tentative, though, as if she's not really sure she actually want to hurt the poor thing, ugly and bloodthirsty as he is.

[sblock=ooc]Periwinkle delays until after Dair, and then moves next to Kona'i and attacks Orc 1. She hits AC 11 for a whopping 0 damage! Ok, the minimum 1 damage rule applies here, I suppose.

Meta: I realize this is a somewhat stupid thing for Periwinkle to do. She'll turn into a buffer/ranged attacker fairly quickly, but she's not yet experienced enough to realize that she sucks at melee. :) I just hope she survives to figure it out...[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Round 2
-Dair fires another sling stone and smacks the first orc in the throat. It starts choking and gasping for air as its eyes roll back in its head.
-Periwinkle steps up and swings at the first orc right after Dair's stone hits it. She winds up and swings just as the orc drops unconscious to its knees, making her miss completely.
-Xir slices at the orc not falling down, but it dodges his blow.
-The second orc swings again at Xir, stabbing him through the chest with it's falchion. It looks really bad for a second, but as the blade slides back out of him, Xir feels as if nothing vital was struck. (1d20+4=24, 2d4+4=9 damage, no crit.)
-Kona'i can go.

OOC: Sorry it took so long, with the site crash and all I couldn't get on for a while.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Kona'i barely connects with the orc in front of him, but the thickness of its armor stops any potential damage to the creature.

OOC: Dair, Periwinkle, and Xir can go again for round 3.

Halford

First Post
Dair's sling whirrs again, but this time the bullet flies backward over the halfling's shoulder before finishing its final arc pinging off the portal and off into the darkness.

Dair, thankful that his comrades are engaged in combat mutters darkly to himself,

"Blocked my shot, no point aiming." He grumbles.

[sblock=Hit Natural 1] Hit, damage (1d20+4=5, 1d3+1=3) [/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, you're hurt! Hang on, I'll help! Now where did I put that wand..." Periwinkle drops her morningstar, draws the wand that the pseudodragon gave them, takes a step to get closer to Xir, and applies it to him, expending a charge.

ooc: CLW heals 9.

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: Now that I've typed that, it occurs to me that the square Periwinkle needs to step into to get to Xir has an unconscious Orc in it, which could make it impossible to 5' step there. If that's your ruling, Phoenix, she'll take a swing at the remaining orc instead: hits AC 7.

lukfugl

First Post
ooc: Now that I've typed that, it occurs to me that the square Periwinkle needs to step into to get to Xir has an unconscious Orc in it, which could make it impossible to 5' step there. If that's your ruling, Phoenix, she'll take a swing at the remaining orc instead: hits AC 7.

OOC: from my understanding, even with a 5' step, using the wand would still provoke an attack of opportunity from the standing orc. Probably worth it to go ahead with the heal. But it's up to you (and the DM)...

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I'll let it slide. Who knows which direction the body fell in I say. I would think there would be enough space in a 5' square to be able to step around a body if need be. So Periwinkle heals Xir of all his damage with one use of the wand.

-Dair misses for once.
-Periwinkle heals Xir completely. (19 charges left on wand.)
-Xir misses again.
-The remaining orc attacks Xir again (1d20+4=19, 2d4+4=8) hitting him once more just after his healing took place. This was just a deep slash though, not the stabbing of before, though it hurts nearly as much.
-Kona'i can go...

OOC2: Looking at the table of Actions that draw AoO's, activating a magic item other than a potion or oil doesn't draw an AoO, so I think she's okay.

Last edited:

Remove ads