PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i has no special training in dealing with animals, but remains curious about the canine whimpering in the corner. He cautiously walks toward it, talking to the animal in soothing tones.

[sblock=ooc]I can't use Handle Animal as the skill (untrained), but here's a charisma check. I'll try "assisting" myself with a survival check as well...

Total 17, 19 with a +2 from a high Survival check. Not bad. Of course, I'm just making up a mechanic here, take my result and interpret it or ignore it as you will. :)[/sblock]

covaithe

Explorer
"Oh, the poor dear thing! How sad! Oh, come here, pupsie, I'll make it better. Shh, now. There, there," croons Periwinkle, as she approaches the dog without a hint caution or hesitation. If the dog permits, she will try to examine its wounds and soothe them as best she can.

[sblock=ooc]No handle animal here, either, but looking at HA it seems to be more about training animals for a purpose than just dealing with them normally. Druids make cha+level checks for wild empathy in situations like this. I have no idea what we can do untrained, but it seems like some kind of cha-based roll is called for, so here's a cha check for Periwinkle: 22 (nat 20!). Periwinkle also has kn(nature) +3 and if that's helpful. And here's a heal check too: 17.
[/sblock]

Later, when Pedalus arrives... "Ooh, a gentleman!" Periwinkle giggles, with a significant glance at Dair. "And so nicely dressed, too! It's a pleasure to meet you, sir wizard."

[sblock=more ooc]Welcome, Boddynock. I'm glad to see Pedalus active again; I enjoyed watching him in the run up to MA.[/sblock]

Halford

First Post
"People need healing." Dair says tartly as Periwinkle tends to the dog waggling bloody fingers at the fighty Priestess.

"Stupid mutt."

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus smiles again at Periwinkle's response. Then he quirks an eyebrow and says, "A dog? What's it doing here? Did it wander into the portal by mistake, or does it belong to someone who's currently ... elsewhere?"

[sblock=OOC]@ Phoenix8008: Thanks P8, I've updated his CS with details of the potions.

@covaithe: Thanks for the words of encouragement about Peladus. He'd been in limbo so long I'd nearly forgotten about him, so it's good to have an opportunity to give him an outing. :D[/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
Periwinkle charms the small dog with ease and it gladly submits to her healing hands. She seems to do a good job as well, since the dog is soon up and around more easily with just a barely noticeable limp. It jumps up and runs in circles around the clerics legs, yipping excitedly and licking her hands anytime they come within reach.

Dair grumbles as his wound continues to pain him. When the party is ready to move once more, the path continues again on the opposite side of the chamber from where they entered. The tunnel remains 10' wide.

OOC:Everybody wanna give me your next inits, or would you all rather I just roll them for you for each combat?

covaithe

Explorer
ooc: init 10.

Periwinkle spends a moment longer petting and cooing to the dog, then turns to Dair. "Now just hold your horses there, Mister Snarly-pants. You won't fall apart that quickly. Though maybe you were right in the first fight not to try stabbing things. Please be more careful? You almost died, and if you died it would make me cry." She scolds him gently while looking over his wounds, then applies the wand once more, bringing him back to full health.

"Come on, Snoofles," she calls the dog as they continue on.

[sblock=ooc]It took a real effort to resist the temptation to call the dog Erf. ;) [/sblock]

Remove ads