PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I did send Wik an e-mail a week or so ago hoping to get his attention even if he didn't stop by the boards. I guess we'll go ahead and get started with just the three of you then and if he shows up I'll find a way to work him in. Sorry to make you wait so much. :blush:

Halford

First Post
OOC: No worries Pheonix8008 I'm just keen to get going thats all.

"How many ways in?" Dair asks looking at the house searchingly, though he doesn't address the remark to anyone in particular. He then turns and looks up at the Xeph.

"Xirr, what we need te look out for? Skeletons and..?"

covaithe

Explorer
"And cobwebs, I expect," Periwinkle adds. "Oh, and mold. Probably mildew, although mildew is really just another kind of mold. I learned all about mold in the fens. You can't avoid it, unless you scrub really hard with bleach all the time, and even then it just gets on your clothes, so that's no good. But some kinds of mold are really neat. You can grind them with charcoal and get a powder that makes lots of pretty colors when it explodes."

Halford

First Post
"Ah." Dair replies stabbing a thumb viciously into his own ear and jiggling it viciously.

"Ready?" He asks pulling the thumb out briefly examining the vast waxy clod before casually wiping it on his tunic.

"I'll lead, traps." He continues sliding open a pouch to reveal his thieves tools gleaming in its dark recesses.

Phoenix8008

First Post
The three of you suddenly 'hear' a voice speaking to you directly in your mind. The voice is familiar and you quickly realize that it is the psuedodragon, Verminar. "Ah good, you are here I see. Most of you, at least. Hopefully, Elthic will catch up soon. For now though, why don't you all head around back and go in through the cellar door. Xir knows the way, and it's less painfull than being dumped down the trapped stairs! Then, find the skeleton and smash it! I'll check in after that and you all can come up to the den and we'll discuss our next move."

The voice goes quiet again as the sun goes behind some clouds and thunder rumbles in the distance...

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir finally looks alive after the 'voice' speaks. He nods formally to the other two who, until this point, he has ignored while waiting for something.

Only skeletons are known to me in the area beneath the ground. The other guardians have been removed. With that, he purposefully walks to the back, leading them to stairs down to a basement.

This has already been opened, so traps are unlikely at this point. With a flick of his wrist, a glowing green blade appears in his sandy colored hand. The xeph waits for the other's readiness before opening the door.

covaithe

Explorer
"Ooooo, that tickles," Periwinkle giggles as the pseudodragon's mental voice fills her head. She follows Xir, chattering happily. "I hope I someday learn to do that. That would be fun! I could sneak up on people and yell 'boo!' in their minds without making any noise, and the would jump, like, ten feet in the air! But I couldn't sneak up on them wearing this rusty old thing." She jingles her chain shirt with a sniff of distaste.

Phoenix8008

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Do I remeber right that all three of your characters have been approved for their current levels? With only Xir at 2nd, and Covaithe and Dair at 1st I might have to modify some things a little to keep from killing off everybody since this adventure was designed for four 2nd level PC's. With some luck, Wik will show back up and Elthic will join them soon in the adventure.

Edit- Don't bother answering my question. I just went and checked to verify that all of your characters were already approved.[/sblock]

Last edited:

Halford

First Post
Dair moves in behind Xirr, his sling primed loaded and ready.

"If ye fight it ty to step back between swing when ye can so I can get a clear shot." The halfling whispers, before spitting on his throwing hand for luck.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Moving down through the cellar secret door which Xir opens, the three make their way past the glowing portal and through the other door into the basement proper. Standing near the far wall is the single skeleton you were told of by Verminar. With a clickity-clack rattle, it turns and moves towards you with it's bony arms outstretched as if to strike...

Ooc: Initiatives, please.

Attachments

• DD-Basement.JPG
    DD-Basement.JPG
    34.4 KB · Views: 224

Remove ads