PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

lukfugl

First Post
OOC: I'm fine anywhere. I suspect Dair is first as he's scouting, and Peladus is either third or fourth, being squishy. Not sure what order the other three of us want to be in; I volunteer to take the rearguard unless either or Xir or Periwinkle really want it...

Halford

First Post
OOC: I would imagine Xirr and Dair would be up front together, so that Xirr's darkvision and Dair's trap fionding can both be used to safe guard the party. How about Xirr and Dair, followed by Periwinkle and Peladus with Kona'i, being the fastest, acting as a rear guard?

Phoenix8008

First Post
The group moves down the tunnel in a bubble of light between the darkness ahead and behind. Dair is watching carefully for traps and snares on the floor and such, but just after passing a low hanging section of rock in the ceiling, Kona'i spots a flash of movement as something reaches out from above to attack him! Its tentacle reaches out and grabs the monk around the neck...

OOC: Kona'i made his spot check, so he and the Choker get to act during the surprise round, then it will follow initiative order as below. The Choker is starting a grapple (without any AoO due to its abilities). Kona'i needs to make a grapple check. If he can beat a 12, then he's not hit for 6 damage and not being grappled. Otherwise he takes 6 damage and is grappling. He can then make unarmed attacks at the creature with a -4 to hit. Or he can make another grapple check or an escape artist check to try and get out of the grapple.
[sblock=Inits and status]23 - Choker
23 - Dair
19 - Xir
15 - Peladus
10 - Periwinkle
08 - Kona'i: possible hit for 6hps and possible grapple...
[/sblock]
attachment.php

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
-The creature bats aside the staff attack from Kona'i and reaches out with its other tentacle hand but slashes at Kona'i this time instead of trying to latch on. The barbed tentacle slices the monk's throat and he feels a warm gush of blood stream down his chest.

-Dair and all others can go now in regular intiative
[sblock=OOC]attack on Kona'i (1d20+6=26, 1d3+3=5, 1d3+3=5) Crit for 10 damage. Kona'i is at zero HP's and disabled [can take a single move or standard action each turn (but not both, nor can you take full-round actions). You can take move actions without further injuring yourself, but if you perform any standard action (or any other strenuous action) you take 1 point of damage after the completing the act. Unless your activity increased your hit points, you are now at -1 hit points, and you’re dying].[/sblock]

Attachments

• DarquePortalChoker.JPG
    DarquePortalChoker.JPG
    12.3 KB · Views: 139

Remove ads