PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

First Post
"Oh," exclaims Peladus, taken by surprise at the attack on Kona'i.

"Ah." He blenches somewhat when he realizes how easily that could have been him, instead.

"Right." Finally overcoming his shock, he moves through the gestures of a spell designed to rob their enemy of its strength.

"Blast!" The corruscating ray which springs from his hand goes astray - not even close to the monster lurking above.

[sblock=OOC]Ray of enfeeblement vs choker: includes +1 bonus for Point Blank Shot & -4 penalty for firing into melee (1d20-1=8, 1d6+1=4)[/sblock][sblock=Phoenix8008]Hey, P8 - I don't want to try and tell the DM what to do :) but I didn't realize that chokers did regular melee damage. I thought their whole schtick was the squeeze the life out of them thing.[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir focuses, creating a blade of green force, and bolts around, looping behind the creature.

OOC: Move action to form the blade, move Up the Walls (and roof) to flank

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle draws her wand of healing with a flourish, declaiming, "Don't worry, Kona'i! I'll save you from the mean nasty tentacle-y thing!" She applies it to him, curing most of the damage from the tentacle.

ooc: I believe the thematically appropriate response for the lone female in the party when confronted with a tentacle monster is to dispatch it with a slow-motion flying kick that exposes plenty of undergarment, but that's not really Periwinkle's style. Sorry, Dair. The wand heals 7

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Dair clips the creature with a slingstone, Xir moves to a flanking position, Peladus misfires his spell, Periwinkle heals Kona'i for 7 hps, and the monk then swings twice at the monster with his staff, hitting once.

-The choker turns and swings both tentacles at Xir, landing both blows solidly (dealing 8 points of damage to Xir). It then tries to start choking the life out of the Xeph. (Need two grapple checks from Xir trying to beat DC's 25 and 13 to avoid it establishing a hold)

[sblock=Inits and status]23 - Choker: taken 10 damage so far
23 - Dair
19 - Xir: 12/21 hps (edited after Xir corrected me on his HP total)
15 - Peladus
10 - Periwinkle
08 - Kona'i: 7/10 hps

Choker full attack at Xir (1d20+6=26, 1d3+3=4, 1d20+6=23, 1d3+3=4)- Possible Crit
Crit confirm/dmg (1d20 6=11, 1d3 3=5)- Not a crit
Two grapple checks vs. Xir (1d20+5=25, 1d20+5=13)[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

OOC: Xir has +2 hp from the resting.

Xir is surprised by the sudden onslaught, and is caught in the tentacles.

OCC: Biff the grapple check.

Halford

First Post
Grumbling about people getting in his way dair wips a slingstone into the fray, it catches Xirr to the halfling's disgust and he gives the Xeph a sour accusatory look.

[sblock=OOC Apology]Very sorry to do that Stonegod, I just couldn't justify Dair not doing it in character and my choices were pretty much that or nothing. obviously feel free to respond appropriately IC, Dair is a little git - doesn't mean he should always get away with it.[/sblock]

[sblock=Hit 18, 3 Damage]Dair shoots and wants high to hit the Choker - sorry stonegod! (1d20+8=18, 1d3+1=3, 1d6=2, 1d100=39) As I understand it there is a 50% chance to hit either participant in a grapple with a ranged attack - a rule I dislike, it shouldn't be 50% you are aiming for one of them that should count for something! So Dair hits Xirr he is not aiming for the Xephs vitals though so I have not added sneak attack damage which he is technically entitled to Xirr being denied his dex.[/sblock]

stonegod

OOC: No prob, though w/ the -8 for firing into melee and cover, doubt you'd hit him even flat footeded. Even if you just had the -4 for firing into melee, you'd miss.

Remove ads