PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle looks at Xir moving away. She shrugs, and chants a quick prayer over Kona'i. A shimmering circular ward flashes for a moment, then fades to mortal vision. She then loads her crossbow, looking for a clean shot.

ooc: Protection v. Evil on Kona'i.

Phoenix8008

First Post
-Peladus fires at the bugbear, but misses before reloading for another shot.

-Periwinkle casts a protective spell around Kona'i, then loads her crossbow.

-Xir moves slightly before attacking, but his new position doesn't help much.

-Kona'i shifts aside before punching and kicking at the creature, landing one strong blow to the bugbears head!

-Shaking his head to clear away the stars, Grax takes a swing at Kona'i in revenge. His dizziness takes its toll though as his mighty swing is dodged by the nimble monk.
[sblock= Round 3 Init/Status]15 - Grax (9 damage, -3 Str)
13 - Peladus 6/6 hp
11 - Periwinkle 7/7 hp
8 - Xir 19/21 hp (+2 AC)
7 - Kona'i 10/10 hp (+2 AC)[/sblock]
attachment.php

Kona'i unarmed flurry of blows at Grax. (1d20+3=19, 1d6+3=9, 1d20+3=5, 1d6+3=5)
Grax attacking Kona'i (1d20+5-1=8, 1d8+2-1=6)

Attachments

• PH2-Bugbear3.JPG
    PH2-Bugbear3.JPG
    108.9 KB · Views: 199

Phoenix8008

First Post
---Round 3---

-Peladus fires at the bugbear and then reloads after a near miss.

-Periwinkle sends a bolt pinging off the creatures armor before reloading.

-Xir barely manages to slice through the armor of the bugbear and injure it severely. Its blood splashes over the stone ground as the monster wobbles on its feet.

-Kona'i kicks twice at the bugbear, but neither attack gets through its defenses.

-From around the same corner where Grax appeared, 3 goblins come running towards the fight already in progress. They stop about halfway between the corner and the fight to decide which way to go. One of the goblins you recognize as the gate guard who you had tied up after capturing him.

---Round 4---

-Grax swings again at Kona'i, this time connecting with his morningstar. With a bloody crunch Kona'i is hit hard, but the human stays on his feet.

-Peladus, Periwinkle, and Xir's turns again...
[sblock=Round 4 Init/Status]15 - Grax (15 damage, -3 Str)
13 - Peladus 6/6 hp
11 - Periwinkle 7/7 hp
8 - Xir 19/21 hp (+2 AC)
7 - Kona'i 4/10 hp (+2 AC)
5 - Goblin 1
5 - Goblin 2
5 - Goblin 3[/sblock]
attachment.php

Kona'i unarmed flurry of blows at bugbear. (1d20+3-2=14, 1d6+3=4, 1d20+3-2=5, 1d6+3=9)
Bugbear attack at Kona'i (1d20+5-1=19, 1d8+2-1=6)

Attachments

• PH2-Bugbear4.JPG
    PH2-Bugbear4.JPG
    109.3 KB · Views: 249

Boddynock

First Post
When the goblins appear, Peladus snaps off a shot at the closest one.

OOC1: Light crossbow vs G2 (incl. bonus for PBS): (1d20+3=8, 1d6+1=3)

Muttering in frustration, he reloads.

OOC2: I was going to use the Sleep scroll, then realized that they could have closed with our folks and therefore put us at risk of the spell. It turns out that casting time from a scroll is the same as in the spell description: "Activating a magic item is a standard action unless the item description indicates otherwise. However, the casting time of a spell is the time required to activate the same power in an item, regardless of the type of magic item, unless the item description specifically states otherwise." (From the SRD.)

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle drops her crossbow and draws her wand with a flourish. She quickly applies it to Kona'i, healing the worst of his wounds, then steps forward and brandishes it angrily at the advancing goblins. "Am I to understand that, to save your contemptible lives, you dared to practice upon our credulous simplicity? Shame on you! That's not very nice at all, mister meany-pants!"

ooc: CLW from wand: 6. 3 charges remaining. Periwinkle will step south to J15.

Phoenix8008

First Post
---Round 4---
-Peladus fires his crossbow at the approaching goblins but misses and reloads.

-Periwinkle taps Kona'i with the wand and heals his wounds before stepping up beside him.

-Xir slashes at the bugbear again without success.

-Kona'i punches and kicks at the bugbear and hits with both attacks, knocking the creature hard to the dirt where it bleeds all over the place.

-The goblins, seeing Grax fallen and defeated, stop in their tracks and actually back up some before throwing javelins at the party instead of moving up to melee. Their limbs shaking with fear might be to blame for the bad throws which miss everyone.

-Peladus, Periwinkle, and Xir...

[sblock=Round 5 Init/Status]15 - Grax (dead- 25 damage, -3 Str)
13 - Peladus 6/6 hp
11 - Periwinkle 7/7 hp
8 - Xir 19/21 hp (+2 AC)
7 - Kona'i 10/10 hp (+2 AC)
5 - Goblin 1
5 - Goblin 2
5 - Goblin 3[/sblock]
attachment.php

Kona'i unarmed flurry at Bugbear. (1d20+3-2=17, 1d6+3=6, 1d20+3-2=18, 1d6+3=4)
3 goblins attacking w/ javelins at Periwinkle, Kona'i, and Xir. (1d20+3=4, 1d4=2, 1d20+3=7, 1d4=2, 1d20+3=15, 1d4=4)

Attachments

• PH2-Bugbear5.JPG
    PH2-Bugbear5.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 242

Remove ads