PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus steps forward. Scowling ferociously, he speaks to the goblins in their harsh tongue before kneeling to plunder Grax's corpse. He takes the sack at Grax's waist, glancing inside to confirm that it holds the crown they were sent to retrieve, then tucking the end of it through his belt.

If the goblins have been suitably cowed, he'll quickly search the body for further treasure (blessing Dair's lessons in thoroughness as he does so). If the gobs manufacture some courage, he'll stand and step back, firing and reloading his crossbow when he gets the chance.

[sblock=Goblin]"Go! Now! Unless you want to die."[/sblock]OOC: 5 ft step to I17, kneel, grab the sack and check it.

Phoenix8008

First Post
There is indeed a crown of bone within the sack. The goblins seem to waver with uncertainty as to what they should do. Or rather, their courage seems to waver. You can see the conflict on their faces as they know that they should attack you, while the fear for their lives holds them in place after seeing Grax bloody and dead on the ground. They try to have the best of both worlds finally by throwing another javelin each before turning to run. None of the javelins comes close to hitting anyone though and it seems that their screaming as they run away might soon bring others with more bravery to the scene...

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus releases a shaky breath and stands up again. He says to the others, "We've rescued the prisoners and we've got the crown. I'd say our work here is done."

"That goblin we captured before said that their leader was the only one who could open the gate, so if we go now, and close it behind us, they'll have to take the long way around. Let's make the most of that advantage!"

With that he heads for the gate.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus passes through the gate and waits outside it - just in case the gate requires magic to close as well as to open.

"Come on, my friends. Haven awaits - and then, who knows? Surely a party!"

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
The group retreats through the gate with Xir backing up slowly and keeping the goblins in place with fear. They finally break into a charge as you are swinging the gates closed but they can't make it in time as you hear them thud into the doors on the other side. Soon, they are scuttling up the stairs to get on top of the wall. But the party makes it away from the wall and into the tunnel leading back to the Hunter's cave. They soon catch up with the freed prisoners and continue the journey until reaching the trapped areas where they are met by Dair. The halfling guides them through the traps and back to the residence of the Hunter.

[sblock=OOC]XP for the fight against the Bugbear is 200 each for Xir, Peladus, and Periwinkle. Contents of the sack include the bone crown along with 150 gp and 3 amethyst gems worth 20gp each.[/sblock]

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
These and us need rest. Let us see if the Hunter will grant us that.

OOC: Did we get XP for anything between the chocker and this fight? Didn't see any (esp. for the last fight).

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
OOC: Did we get XP for anything between the chocker and this fight? Didn't see any (esp. for the last fight).
OOC: This is from Peladus' CS:

[sblock=XP Awards]
Code:
[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-en-world/237927-ph2-darque-portal-11.html#post4543035]The Darque Portal[/url]   Choker, and role play                       220 XP
[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-en-world/237927-ph2-darque-portal-12.html#post4552968]The Darque Portal[/url]   Series of traps                             100 XP
[url=http://www.enworld.org/forum/living-en-world/237927-ph2-darque-portal-b4cchus-judging-22.html#post4657548]The Darque Portal[/url]   5 Goblins                                   125 XP

Total                                                           445 XP
[/sblock]So we haven't had any XP for the fight in the guardroom. I don't know if P8 wants to issue any extra XP ;) but there's also the time XP to consider. :angel:

Boddynock

First Post
On the way to the Hunter's lair, Peladus remembers to pick up the loot from the goblins they defeated earlier. If need be, he'll get some of the Havenites to carry it for them.

"It's tatty, but we should be able to get some gold for it when we get back to Orussus. Particularly if I clean it up ... sniff ... which I'll be doing as soon as possible."

OOC: Initiative: (1d20+2=11)

Last edited:

Remove ads