• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Phoenix8008

First Post
You continue down the tunnel, out of darkness and into darkness ahead. Dair spots no other traps and none are triggered. The line that was tied to the fallen rock goes slack after just a minute or so. A few minutes later, a voice calls out from the darkness ahead: "You'd best turn back now, whoever you are, before I make a new quiver out of your bodies. In case you didn't get the message back there, traveling this tunnel is not allowed and trespassers can be shot on sight. And I CAN see YOU thanks to your light there."

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle steps forward into the light, her face shining with sincerity. "Are you Mister Hunter? We don't want to bother you, and we promise to, like, be really quiet when we go by but we have to pass by to get to the monster camp and rescue the icky undead crown thingy so that the captain will let Mister Darque out so that he can try to reverse the portals so that we can all get out of here, except not the monsters 'cause Mister Darque doesn't really want them in his basement. I mean, would you want them in your basement? Gross! Anyway, we're really sorry to have to disturb you and everything, but we really do need to get by, so can you please just let us by? Pretty please with extra chocolate sprinkles and brandy flavored whipped cream?"

ooc: diplomacy 12. Not Periwinkle's best work.

covaithe

Explorer
"Goodness, he's taking a long time to answer. Do you think maybe he went away? Or maybe he had a brainstorm, like Lucinda Scragglefoot did that one time in the market. The captain said he was kind of old. Maybe he's waiting there in the darkness, paralyzed and unable to speak, desperately hoping we'll come help him. Or maybe he's just hard of hearing. Do you think I should talk louder? MISTER HUNTER SIR, CAN YOU HEAR ME?" Periwinkle shouts, her voice echoing off the cavern walls for several seconds after she finishes.

Boddynock

First Post
Peladus listens to Periwinkle with the now familiar sensation of mild disbelief, and decides that it might be helpful if he contributed to the conversation.

"My friend is right - we are on a mission to save lives and ... what happened to the light? Ah, right - just a precaution, I'm sure."

"As I was saying, we're attempting to redress the balance for the people of Haven, who, as I'm sure you know, have been fighting a never-ending battle against certain humanoid tribes whose village lies at the end of this path."

"We have no desire to cause undue hardship to anyone but we have ourselves been attacked, and have taken refuge in Haven until we can find our way home again. Please, may we pass?"

A sudden thought strikes him, and Peladus whispers to his friends, "Actually, what if the Hunter is not a hunter but a druid. They have tricks like shifting to animal shape. And perhaps this is not the Hunter but his son! Where would he have found a mate? Be very careful!"

OOC: Diplomacy check: (1d20+1=19)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir focuses his eyes in the darkness ahead.

OOC: I assume it's beyond Xir's darkvision range? He'll try to spot it anyway.

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: He must be farther than 60 feet because Xir can't see him either.

"I was silent because I was thinking. Perhaps if you tried it sometime milady you and those around you might think more clearly also. You said Mr. Darque? Not Alahastor Darque, surely? And he thinks he can mess with the magic of the portals to let us escape? Then you'd best come forward before I change my mind. I can offer you some shelter before you pass down the rest of the tunnel."

covaithe

Explorer
Periwinkle comes forward unhesitatingly. "Sister Anemone always said that I should do more thinking too, but I don't see how I could 'cause I'm always thinking. I mean, right now I'm thinking about different ways that you and Mister Darque might have known each other, 'cause his name is Alahastor, and so he must be the person you're thinking of. I've certainly never heard of another Alahastor, have you? Maybe you and Alahastor are long lost twin brothers, with identical matching scars from where you had to be cut apart at birth. Or maybe you were business partners, until he decided to retire and study wizardry. Or maybe you were lovers, like the elves in that city without any women where Barry Lakeward had to rescue his raven-haired paladin sidekick from Durance Vile. Oh, there's so many things to think of, I don't see how anyone can think of just one at a time!"

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i softly shakes his head with a mild smile as he follows the cleric down the tunnel.

OOC: Don't worry, I'm still here. Kona'i just hasn't had anything to say...

Remove ads