• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PH2- The Darque Portal (B4cchus judging)

Halford

First Post
"Back gate." Dair says firmly, sneaking is afterall always preferable. He inserts a finger in his ear and digs in casually as he looks around warily.

"Good traps." He offers in what for Dair passes for small talk.

Last edited:

Boddynock

First Post
"I agree," says Peladus. "A frontal assault would be foolish, and I suspect we have the combined resources to deal with the back gate.

"Thank you for your hospitality - we'll certainly avail ourselves of it.

lukfugl

First Post
"Thank you for your hospitality... I'm sorry, what was your name again? I'm Kona'i," the monk extends his hand.

After the hunter introduces himself, Kona'i asks, "Do we have any idea what the inside of the monsters' compound is like? A map perhaps, even if it's vague. I'd like to have an idea where to look for the crown and what sections to avoid before we head in..."

OOC: Alahastor is the Mr. Darque we know, back in jail in Haven; Lucias is this hunter's son, Alahastor's cousin. Right?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Xir bows his head to the odler Darque. 'A gracious host is lord of one's contenment.' To the others, Rest would be beneficial. I agree the less guarded approach is prefered: 'That which is half-watched is gone in the storm'

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: I was just about to jump things into going again myself. Not waiting on anybody that I know of. Just nobody actually said they were getting up and going so I waited an extra day or two. :blush:

Nodding to the party as they make preperations to leave, the Hunter takes Kona'i by the hand and shakes it firmly. "My name is Luther. Luther Darque. I know of none who could say what the inside of their compound looks like but the monsters themselves. Perhaps you'd like to ask them if you meet any?" he jokes dryly. "Regardless though, feel free to return by this route on your way back to Haven. You've got a safe place to rest here if needed. Good luck to you all."

lukfugl

First Post
Kona'i allows a half grin to surface in response to Luther's joke. After taking his leave of the hunter he gathers his trusty quarterstaff and his pack. He pauses in case any of his companions have further business, then steps out the door.

covaithe

Explorer
"Well, thank you so much for your hospitality, mister Darque. It's been so nice to have a proper host down here. We'll be sure to come by on our way back and tell you all about it. Bubye now!"

Periwinkle continues chatting and waving goodbye all the way out the door.

ooc: Sorry, I'm here, just juggling a lot these days.

Halford

First Post
"What about traps? I assume there will be more, where, what?" Asks the ever practical Dair, figuring that if anything the traps will be more frequent as they approach the abode of this weird places monsterous denizens.

Phoenix8008

First Post
"The traps! Right, nearly forgot. Just a sec." Luther says as he pulls out an old yellowed piece of paper and quickly draws a map of the tunnel beyond indicating the positions of many traps and the ways around them without setting them off. "Once more, good luck to you all." The Hunter says as the party makes their way into the lonely dark again...

Remove ads