• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB errors and reprint schedule

Hella_Tellah

Explorer
Chowder said:
2. If WotC is looking for a way to improve editing in future products, I suggest showing the pre-release product to a handful of store owners and active ENWorld forum goers prior to sending it to the printer. Put them under NDA so they don't blab to the public. I suspect that they'll be excited enough to participate for free.

Uh... that's what they did.

Beckett

Explorer
Chowder said:
Within a day of store owners receiving early copies of KotS, they found numerous editing problems.

How many are numerous? I don't recall seeing more than about 4 or 5 instances turn up.

w_earle_wheeler

First Post
Scott_Rouse said:
TSR Circa 1975

OfficeParty3.jpg

WotC Circa 2008

bagdad_bob_large.gif

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
I plan on keeping my original 4E Core books in the original shrink-wrap. With such a small initial print run, they might be worth some serious coin in twenty years.

Chowder

First Post
Hella_Tellah said:
Uh... that's what they did.

If they did indeed do this, then that in turn suggests two possibilities:

1. To find the errors, it really is necessary to have a large body of readers. This would mean that they need to increase the number of viewers (or give up on this idea).

2. They didn't pick the right people. Next time, I would suggest picking specifically those people who posted the KotS errors to ENWorld. I suspect that those people will be effective in finding errors.

Do you know how they selected people to edit the pre-release version of KotS?

-Chowder

Chowder

First Post
Beckett said:
How many are numerous? I don't recall seeing more than about 4 or 5 instances turn up.

There was more than one error on the character sheets alone. There should really be zero errors on those sheets, given how important they are to the proper functioning of the adventure and how closely people will examine them -- more than one error is really bad. I'm quite confident that if they had posted the character sheets on ENWorld prior to publishing, all of the errors would have been quickly found.

-Chowder

Spinachcat

First Post
rob626 said:
One comment: Palladium. Choose any book printed by Palladium. Go ahead. I'll wait.

They have entire sourcebooks- yes, multiple sourcebooks!- over 100 pages long each dedicated to clarifying their mistakes, inconsistencies, print errors, and poor editing.

Name them.

I own dozens of their books and most have errors of some sort, there are no sourcebooks I have heard of that are simply dedicated to erratta.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads