PHB2: Duskblade

Someone

Adventurer
Would the PHBII spells in the duskblade list be automatically allowed? And would other spellcasters have access to them too, or only the duskblade?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I believe, strictly speaking, someone would have to propose them. Just as the scout's bonus feats in CompAdv where not automatically included.

Erekose13

Explorer
Should I add the list of spells to this proposal? There are 25 of them that are new to the PHB2, so it would add quite a bit to this proposal.

GwydapLlew

First Post
I DM for a high-stat Duskblade in my PnP game. While the mojo on the class looks incredibly strong on paper, in reality the limited nature of the Duskblade spells balance out quite nicely. They utilize a lot of Swift actions, which can be complicated in PbP games, but I have yet to see it truly become a monster... other than the swift True Strike Power Attack with Greatsword combo.

Patlin

Explorer
Erekose13 said:
Should I add the list of spells to this proposal? There are 25 of them that are new to the PHB2, so it would add quite a bit to this proposal.

I would think a seperate proposal thread for the spells would be better, in that it might be easier to read.

Erekose13

Explorer
alright, i'll work on that soon. i think i'll do 1 thread for 1-3 level spells, 4-6 seperately etc. might make it easier to comment on each spell.

Bront

The man with the probe
I'm not exactly sure why anyone would ever play a straight fighter with these around, but that's more an failing of the fighter class than anything else.

YES (Retracted)

I have to say, they did a good job of hiding the spell list.

Last edited:

Remove ads