• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

PHB2 Errata and the knight class

awayfarer

First Post
Does anyone know if theres any official PHB2 errata out? I noticed that the knight is written as having a poor fortitude save and thought that was peculiar for a melee oriented class. Was that intended or was it a mistake?

Rystil Arden

First Post
awayfarer said:
Does anyone know if theres any official PHB2 errata out? I noticed that the knight is written as having a poor fortitude save and thought that was peculiar for a melee oriented class. Was that intended or was it a mistake?
Intended and mentioned several times as such. Someone brought it up in a preview thread and I believe mearls even specifically appeared to comment.

Klaus

First Post
That was intended as a way of further differentiating the Knight from the Fighter. A Knight will likely have a decent Constitution, which boosts his Fortitude saves, and the good Will save makes him less susceptible to attacks that would otherwise affect him too easily.

awayfarer

First Post
Particle_Man said:
The Knights are fine as written.

-This message brought to you by the Assassins' Guild. :)

This made me think I should add: I'm not complaining about the class in any way, shape, or form. I just found it sort of odd that they'd be built in that way when every other tank class is poor will/good fort.

I feel like it's the equivalent of driving up to a stoplight and finding that someone has switched red and green. :D

Razz

Banned
Banned
The Knight is fine, I believe too, but I still think they deserve a good Fortitude and Will save. I don't think the class would be unbalancing with both of them. It'd actually equal to the other classes like Paladin and Ranger if it had that

Twowolves

Explorer
Razz said:
The Knight is fine, I believe too, but I still think they deserve a good Fortitude and Will save. I don't think the class would be unbalancing with both of them. It'd actually equal to the other classes like Paladin and Ranger if it had that

Except, the Paladin only has good Fortitude saves, with poor Reflex and Will.

Remove ads