PHBII: The Knight (Passed)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Mmm... aggro.

Yes, the challenges need to be codified. First, Test of Mettle is option 2 RAW, and should remain that way. As for the others:
- Fighting Challenge: [Mind affecting] (target's knight only)
- Test of Mettle: [Mind affecting, Compulsion] Uses option 2 of KO's query
- Call to Battle: [Mind affecting]
- Daunting Challenge: [Mind affecting, Fear]
- Bond of Loyalty: [Mind affecting]
- Loyal Beyond Death: [Mind affecting]
Of course, this means that intelligent undead (and the few intelligent, free-willed non-warforged constructs) are immune to all of these abilities. I'm not sure that is as intended, but then you'd have to find another way to by-pass the "mind-affecting" bits of the power.

Rystil Arden

First Post
stonegod said:
Mmm... aggro.

Yes, the challenges need to be codified. First, Test of Mettle is option 2 RAW, and should remain that way. As for the others:
Of course, this means that intelligent undead (and the few intelligent, free-willed non-warforged constructs) are immune to all of these abilities. I'm not sure that is as intended, but then you'd have to find another way to by-pass the "mind-affecting" bits of the power.
That is intended. Some constructs too. It doesn't matter how many times you provoke an Inevitable--it's going to keep doing its thing. The only problem is that this makes undead Knights immune to their own boosting challenges. Then again, there's precedence in the PH for screwing over undead of certain classes :cough: Barbarian :cough: among others.

stonegod

Rystil Arden said:
That is intended. Some constructs too. It doesn't matter how many times you provoke an Inevitable--it's going to keep doing its thing. The only problem is that this makes undead Knights immune to their own boosting challenges. Then again, there's precedence in the PH for screwing over undead of certain classes :cough: Barbarian :cough: among others.
Fine by me then.

Any other changes?

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
If the player of the mage purposefully declines to threaten her adjacent squares, the Knight can pull the monster off. Of course, that leaves the mage with many other problems. I think the ability is fine if it is labeled as Mind-Affecting. Anything less makes no sense.
The monster still threatens the mage though.

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
Mmm... aggro.

I think that's why it's not listed as Mind Affecting.

realy, having no experience with a Knight in game, I'm open to whatever.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
Doesn't matter--since it isn't provoking an AoO, it has no choice but to run over to the knight.
Read the last section of your text which says "or attack any opponents he threatens as normal"

stonegod

I think RA and I suggested making some abilities Mind-affecting. Bront disagreed, but seemed to be w/ it either way. We also stated Test of Mettle does not force the opponent to have to attack distant knights.

Patlin

Explorer
stonegod said:
I think RA and I suggested making some abilities Mind-affecting. Bront disagreed, but seemed to be w/ it either way. We also stated Test of Mettle does not force the opponent to have to attack distant knights.

I've eddited the first post to reflect the modifications.

Remove ads