Phineas’s Dungeon Maps o’ the Week: Underdark Edition

Phineas Crow

First Post
Map #104: The Heart of the Gloomfrost

In caverns of ice, deep beneath the Gloomfrost forest rests its cold heart, a strange structure of ice vaguely shaped like a massive heart. It hangs there in the darkness, suspended over a fathomless pit, fixed in place by narrow bridges of ice.

Within the cold chambers inside the icy heart is a portal, an open gate to the paraelemental plane of ice. Seeping from the swirling portal is a bitter, unbelievable cold that radiates from the heart. It is this cold that keeps the Gloomfrost forest locked in its eternal winter.

Attachments

• phm_104.jpg
    phm_104.jpg
    188.6 KB · Views: 795
  • phm_104_pfv.gif
    phm_104_pfv.gif
    27.6 KB · Views: 561

Phineas Crow

First Post
Map #105: The Village of Glimmerhelm

Located on the shores of a mist-shrouded lake is the village of Glimmerhelm, a small community of deep gnome fishermen. Despite the bitter cold mist that seeps down from the icy cold heart of Gloomfrost countless generations of Glimmerhelm villagers have plied the dark waters of the lake for the succulent blind cave fish that makes their home in its depths. Wrapped in thick furs, the deep gnomes fish from small boats fashioned from hide and bone, taking home their catch to sell in the underdark markets at considerable profit.

Attachments

• phm_105.jpg
    phm_105.jpg
    189.9 KB · Views: 1,067
  • phm_105_pfv.gif
    phm_105_pfv.gif
    23.3 KB · Views: 838

Capellan

Explorer
I'm out of town for a few months so I haven't been checking this thread as regularly as the last one, but these are some seriously nice maps, Phineas. Great work! :)

Phineas Crow

First Post
frankthedm said:
Is it now Map O' month? :(

You have awsome maps and I hope to see more.

Weekly maps return in january, a few untimely events and the holiday season has left me with little time lately. Most notable was my phone lines shorting out and the 130$ bill to fix them.

I'm still doing weekly maps for Silverthorne Games with the current set focusing on some interesting urban sites.

Phineas Crow

First Post
New year, new maps...

I'm trying something different, I've doubled the size of this map compared to the others.

Map Cluster 2: Dark Delve

Below the cold caverns of the Gloomfrost is a region of twisting tunnels and vast caves known as the dark delve. An underground wasteland, the dark delve is devoid of life except for the foul creatures which inhabit it. It is a place of evil, a place of death.

Map #106: The Caverns of Demonsong

The tuneless whistling of rushing air echoes through these cavernous chambers like some abyssal chorus of howling demons. It is said that strange creatures lurk in the windy tunnels of the Demonsong caverns, preying on anything which mistakenly wanders by. Those that live nearby give the hauntingly shrill caves a wide berth.

Attachments

• phm_106.gif
    phm_106.gif
    61.6 KB · Views: 1,054

Remove ads