• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Picard season 2 (spoilers maybe unmarked)

Janx

Hero
Didn't need the flashback to young Picard.
I have a feeling this specific bit is about Patrick Stewart's past. His dad was abusive. There seemed to be a hint of the same in the flashback.

I would guess that Picard staying single is a protective measure, in some ways to not risk himself doing that to someone he loves.

That is likely the character arc for Picard, in this season.

MarkB

Legend
Fantastic episode all round, feels more Star Trek, and particularly more Starfleet, than any live-action Trek we've seen in years.
Didn't need the flashback to young Picard.
Didn't we, though? This season is about the road not taken - about an alternate timeline. I'm betting that the seeds of that were sown during that part of Picard's childood.

It's also clearly tied in to his reluctance to connect with anyone. His parents had a troubled relationship, and he's scared to commit in case his is the same.

I didn't get why the Borg would only speak to Picard. They didn't speak to him, and his presence made no difference to their plan to take over all the ships. I feel like I missed something?
Despite everything that comes after, I don't think that scene is over. The Borg queen says that negotiations must begin immediately, but first she needs power. So presumably she still intends to negotiate, and for that she wants Picard.

Ryujin

Legend
I have a feeling this specific bit is about Patrick Stewart's past. His dad was abusive. There seemed to be a hint of the same in the flashback.

I would guess that Picard staying single is a protective measure, in some ways to not risk himself doing that to someone he loves.

That is likely the character arc for Picard, in this season.
That specific bit resonates with me for.... reasons.

Is anyone else expecting some sort of big reveal, because of the way that they covered the face of the Borg Queen/Emissary?

Omand

Hero
That specific bit resonates with me for.... reasons.

Is anyone else expecting some sort of big reveal, because of the way that they covered the face of the Borg Queen/Emissary?
There is definitely something going on there.

Based upon language and phrasing, it sounds like it is his mother underneath the mask/armour, but that almost seems too obvious and also out of sync with everything else we know about Picard and the contact between the Federation and the Borg.

That said, there was temporal radiation involved, so perhaps the Borg in another timeline assimilated Picard's mother?

I will note that looking at the Queen, there seemed to be quite a few cogs/wheels spinning in the head/face area. Seemed almost like a clockwork Queen, like a clock? Q's work perhaps?

Ryujin

Legend
There is definitely something going on there.

Based upon language and phrasing, it sounds like it is his mother underneath the mask/armour, but that almost seems too obvious and also out of sync with everything else we know about Picard and the contact between the Federation and the Borg.

That said, there was temporal radiation involved, so perhaps the Borg in another timeline assimilated Picard's mother?

I will note that looking at the Queen, there seemed to be quite a few cogs/wheels spinning in the head/face area. Seemed almost like a clockwork Queen, like a clock? Q's work perhaps?
Definite shades of
Madame de Pompadour.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I still understand why Seven of Nine is on the show. How is she so familiar with Picard? They never crossed paths that I'm aware of. Because people still enjoy looking at Jeri Ryan, silly Rabbit. I'm surprised she didn't know what the anomaly was right away. Despite my continued puzzlement over Seven of Nine's presence, I enjoyed the episode.

Remove ads