• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Picard season 2 (spoilers maybe unmarked)

MarkB

Legend
I still understand why Seven of Nine is on the show. How is she so familiar with Picard? They never crossed paths that I'm aware of. Because people still enjoy looking at Jeri Ryan, silly Rabbit. I'm surprised she didn't know what the anomaly was right away. Despite my continued puzzlement over Seven of Nine's presence, I enjoyed the episode.
The fact that they've both been Borg does give them a common thread, sufficient that it makes sense that they might have come to know each other. And ultimately Jeri Ryan played one of the two best characters on Voyager, so bringing her back is welcome regardless of her looks.

S02E01...

Well, it is a year later. And all the horrible broken worthless characters from season 1 have now magically become perfect? Guess I missed the half dozen redemption arcs in the middle of the OH MY GOSH THE WHOLE STAR TREK UNIVERSE WILL BE DESTROYED (AGAIN) beyond dumb non-plot(that we get AGAIN for Season 2, sigh). I guess Rio and Raffie just stumble back to Starfleet and get great jobs?

And then everyone has to "randomly" bump into each other in Episode 1...because of course they do.

We do get a couple minutes of Picard in the Episode, you know the title character...too bad we don't get more has they have to cram all the MINDLESS SPAM ACTION in. The new USS Stargazer is nice. And the fleet of Starfleet has lots of different ships, not like last season where they just did the lazy "make one ship and hit copy".

Rio's shows himself to be one of the WORST captains even in Starfleet. But guess when you take a loser burn out broken person and make him Captain and Fleet Commander. Really, why is Rio in charge of the fleet?

And the borg......horray? Not like they are over used.

And everyone, er, Dies? But not really. Now all the horrible characters have to save the universe(again). Though I find it hard to care as I don't like any of the characters. So we will get the boring seven episodes and then they will hit the 'Save Universe' button(again).

S02E01...

Well, it is a year later. And all the horrible broken worthless characters from season 1 have now magically become perfect? Guess I missed the half dozen redemption arcs in the middle of the OH MY GOSH THE WHOLE STAR TREK UNIVERSE WILL BE DESTROYED (AGAIN) beyond dumb non-plot(that we get AGAIN for Season 2, sigh). I guess Rio and Raffie just stumble back to Starfleet and get great jobs?

And then everyone has to "randomly" bump into each other in Episode 1...because of course they do.

We do get a couple minutes of Picard in the Episode, you know the title character...too bad we don't get more has they have to cram all the MINDLESS SPAM ACTION in. The new USS Stargazer is nice. And the fleet of Starfleet has lots of different ships, not like last season where they just did the lazy "make one ship and hit copy".

Rio's shows himself to be one of the WORST captains even in Starfleet. But guess when you take a loser burn out broken person and make him Captain and Fleet Commander. Really, why is Rio in charge of the fleet?

And the borg......horray? Not like they are over used.

And everyone, er, Dies? But not really. Now all the horrible characters have to save the universe(again). Though I find it hard to care as I don't like any of the characters. So we will get the boring seven episodes and then they will hit the 'Save Universe' button(again).
so,you're done watching or you gonna hate-watch it?

There is definitely something going on there.

Based upon language and phrasing, it sounds like it is his mother underneath the mask/armour, but that almost seems too obvious and also out of sync with everything else we know about Picard and the contact between the Federation and the Borg.

That said, there was temporal radiation involved, so perhaps the Borg in another timeline assimilated Picard's mother?

I will note that looking at the Queen, there seemed to be quite a few cogs/wheels spinning in the head/face area. Seemed almost like a clockwork Queen, like a clock? Q's work perhaps?
Yep, I recognised the voice and body shape. Faces aren't the only way to recognise people.

Remove ads