• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Picard Season 3

Bagpuss

Legend
They "Enterprised it." Gave what people wanted in season 1, in the last season.

And yet these old Borg didn't seem to adapt to attacks or have any of the menace they use to have. I generally like the season until the Borg showed up as the villains, it went down hill from there.

I liked Picard season 1 too. I even enjoyed bits of season 2, disjointed and incoherent though it was.

I would rate P1 as better than P3, which is entirely dependant on nostalgia.

It benifits from nostalgia, but P3 does not entirely depend on it, thats a gross overstatement, and its not like S1&2 were completely devoid of nostalgia, I mean the series is called Picard, its too be expected.

After rewatching season 1, I realized my favourite part was Kestria Trio-Riker & Thaddus. Her moving relationship to her late brother, the langauges, her hunting skills, lost boy (girl) vibe, her shear imaginitive vibe, her home, her relationship to her parents, the total Bridge to Terabithia meets Peter Pan meets D&D to the vibes of the character. You can see some of the wonder & imagination of her grandmother in her.

Apparently btw the changelings never got their hands on Kestria because she was at Early admissions to Star Fleet academy according to Terry Metalas, which is what I figured.

I hope to see Kestria on Star Trek Legacy as a crew member of the Enterprise G.

Anyways Terry let it slip that he has a development deal with Paramount right now, but no show, so that basically confirms Star Trek Legacy as far as I'm concerned, but they can't go ahead until after the WGA strike.

Enterprise had a couple of things that they could have jumped on to both make it more interesting, and make it appeal to long-time Trek fans. Given the time period they could have gone with the Founding of the Federation, or The Earth/Romulan War. They didn't get to these until they already knew they were cancelled and their take on the Romular War was just... bizarre.

I could see Enterprise getting a Streaming movie to close things off better, ala Section 31, no one was happy with the series final.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I don’t know how I feel about all their children on a new Enterprise. I guess Alexander is no longer a thing? Or will he be on there too? Seems a bit too pat.

I don’t know how I feel about all their children on a new Enterprise. I guess Alexander is no longer a thing? Or will he be on there too? Seems a bit too pat.

Alexander is more likely serving in the Klingon Empire. Also Soji & Sutra, Data's daughters doesn't appear to be serving in Star Fleet.

Zardnaar

Legend
Yep. This one still blows my mind thinking about it.

The one that got me was war pensions. I think the last civil war widows pension was paid out up to a few years ago.

Some old duffer 80 or 90 marries a family friend who is very young to basically gift them a widows pension.

FitzTheRuke

Legend
And yet these old Borg didn't seem to adapt to attacks or have any of the menace they use to have. I generally like the season until the Borg showed up as the villains, it went down hill from there.

I think it all would have been much more satisfying if they'd stuck with the Changelings as the big bad (just made some new uber-changeling into the boss, with some connection to DS9 somehow.) I mean, I get that it wouldn't have been as Picard-centric that way, but it wouldn't have killed the previous season quite so badly.

Remove ads