• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pimp your favorite 10th level adventure

Munin

First Post
I'm looking for a good adventure for a 10th level party. Nothing too long, and not a dungeon crawl.
You guys have always come through for me in the past, so I trust your opinion!

Monkey King

Explorer
"Castle Shadowcrag", a castle teetering on the edge of the Plane of Shadow, ships on March 1. Since it's a private commission, you can be sure your players will never have seen it, and since it was designed with 50 gamers critiquing and improving it in the Open Design style, you can be sure it's solid.

The fact that I wrote it may bias my opinion just a touch. :)

rom90125

Banned
Banned
Monkey King said:
"Castle Shadowcrag", a castle teetering on the edge of the Plane of Shadow, ships on March 1. Since it's a private commission, you can be sure your players will never have seen it, and since it was designed with 50 gamers critiquing and improving it in the Open Design style, you can be sure it's solid.

The fact that I wrote it may bias my opinion just a touch. :)

will it also be available in PDF format? My campaign is based around the bbeg bringing the shadow plane to the prime material plane, thus destroying both in the process. This adventure sounds like it would be a good fit.

Monkey King

Explorer
rom90125 said:
will it also be available in PDF format? My campaign is based around the bbeg bringing the shadow plane to the prime material plane, thus destroying both in the process. This adventure sounds like it would be a good fit.

It will ONLY be available in PDF format, and only through the Open Design site. Part of that whole private commission thing is that I don't mess around with the PDF download sites.

Given your BBEG, it sounds like a good match. There's a new shadow monster, castle maps, some shadow spells and other things that might work with your campaign.

Monkey King

Explorer
That question is actually really hard to answer without knowing at least a little something about your players. But what the heck:

1) It's got a Gothic feel, but the castle is inhabited by a strange group of humans and dwarves and .... other things, which the party learns more about the longer they explore
2) The encounters are original: a mob scene, a battlefield encounter, the enslavement of a group of miners. The PCs are asked to make some choices about who they want to support. 3) The adventure is moral-quandary hell on paladins and LG types. :D
4) The monsters are closely tied to shadow, including a Black Prince of the shadow plane, ghosts drawn into shadow, animated shadow objects and hauntings, and a shadowsworn NPC.
5) Twisted crazy NPCs, like the priestess of a Sun God driven mad by shadows, and a human sworn to the Princes of Pain (think Clive Barker). Fun bad guys who chew the scenery a bit.
6) Unreliable allies. Some dwarves and a ranger in the woods *seem* trustworthy, but....
7) A lot of intense combats, including a wild finale that may catch the party off-guard.
Heck, I think it's fun to run just to drop the party in among all the shadow factions and seeing which bad alliance they choose to make first. Your DM style may vary, but there's lots of shadow tools included, and connections to plots that have been going on for a while. Fortunately, the backstory is all stuff that the PCs can actually learn (there's both a Bardic Knowledge table and a Gather Info chart) and that they can affect.

I'll leave it at that. Email me for more detail, or visit the site.

Land Outcast

Explorer

Too bad I can't have a PayPal account (stupid age limits...)

Munin

First Post
That question is actually really hard to answer without knowing at least a little something about your players.

Two wizards, a ranger/order of the bow initiate, a rogue and a cleric. The players like intrigue and interesting characters, and meaningful combat. Not too keen on mindless dungeon romps. No rules-lawyers, and surprisingly little squabbling. All-in-all, a pretty darn good group of people.

The campaign goes something like this: Imagine D&D meets Quantum Leap and you have the jist of it. A group of adventurers leaps from world to world, solving various problems, at the behest of some nameless benefactor.

Remove ads