Pinnacle's Forgotten Forge

pathfinderq1

First Post
Aesha halted, well back out of range from the massive metal figure with its ax. "Whoever did it, they went that way, over the railing," she called, loud enough to be clearly heard over the drumming rain- and pointing one hand in the direction which the mysterious figure had fled.. "I, for one, would have no quarrel with you." Despite her calm words, she made sure to stay back from both the victim and the escape route the assailant had taken.

OOC: After Watcher's response, Aesha will stay back about 20 feet, rather than her original plan of 10 feet or so.

renau1g

First Post
Storm - Shifter Ranger - 11/11hp - 17AC

Seeing the tense situation, Storm will call out to the warforged "Don't be stupid construct, we aren't here to fight. If we were you'd already have a dozen arrows sticking from your chest." Knowing that Raysuldra will cover him, Storm will turn his attention from the others and attempt to locate the assassin, although the rain is coming down so strong, it's difficult to see through.

Listen, Spot (1d20+5=20, 1d20+6=9)

GammaPaladin

First Post
Alex stops for a moment, takes in the situation, and then sighs heavily and slumps. "Khyber.", he curses under his breath, then glancing around at everyone and seeing there doesn't appear to be a fight brewing.

He grumbles, "What a lousy day, I can't even get in a fight properly." He lowers his right arm, but leaves his chain coiled around it as he peers into the dark, wondering what the others are looking for.

Spot = (1d20+3 → [13,3]) = 16, Listen = (1d20+3 → [14,3]) = 17

Last edited:

The warforged remains still a moment, then nods at the halfling. "If you can possibly repair the Provost, please examine him," he rumbles, then steps to the side so Jaren can get at the fallen form.

He remains within easy reach, however, and keeps his attention split between those gathering and the railing. He makes no response to the words of the others except, "I know not who is ally and who is enemy here."

GammaPaladin

First Post
Alex grunts.

"I don't know that I'm either. I'm just havin' a bad day, and the thought of a fight cheered me up. But as much as it would make me feel better to pound on someone, I'm not in the habit of startin' fights for no reason."

He glances about at the others gathered around, and then shrugs with a crooked half-grin. "And I don't see any reason to be fightin' with you lot."

The grin fades after a moment and he sighs, his usual scowl returning to his face as he goes back to scanning the area through the obscuring rain.

Redclaw

First Post
Jaren keeps his arms raised and away from his weapons as he approaches the warforged and its charge. I'll do what I can. He bends down and looks at the man lying on the bridge.

[sblock=ooc] untrained heal check at +2 to assess his status, followed by cure light wounds if he seems to still be alive.

Now seems like a good time to ask, do you want us to roll or do you want to take care of that?[/sblock]

Pinnacle

First Post
(OoC: Go ahead and roll on Invisible Castle. I'll just roll any reactions for you.)

The fallen man lies in a puddle of red, expanding more quickly than it should because of the rainwater. There is a terrible gash across his body and the cut is very deep. He seems to already be dead when Jaren comes to him, his breathing stopped and his eyes blank.
Clutched in his hand is a fancy leather satchel, which Watcher realizes that the assailant tried to steal and which is not stained red. There is a small coin purse on his belt, and a piece of paper, likely identification, protrudes from his shirt pocket.

Alex, Raysuldra, and Kyria all hear, faint over the sound of the rain, a scrape of metal against stone, coming from the side of the bridge opposite where the murderous figure disappeared.
Before any of them can do much to react to this sound, the cloaked figure vaults back over the railing there, catching everyone else by surprise. No longer shielding herself from view with her cloak, Watcher realizes why her voice was off--the assailant is not actually a woman, but is instead another warforged lantern light glinting off mithral-laced armor plating.
She almost seems unsteady as she lands, but this quickly passes as her hand reaches for the bloody axe at her belt. "Leave quickly, and I may not kill you," she snarls.

Code:
[u] |A|B|C|D|E|F|G|H|I|J|K|L|M|N|O|P|Q|R|S|T|U|V|W|X|Y|Z| 
1| | | | |[/u]                               [u]| | | | | | | 
2| | | | |[/u]                               [u]| | | | | | | 
3| | | | |                               | | | | | | | 
4| | | | | | | | | | | | |C| | | |S| |R| | | | | | | | 
5| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |K| | | | | | | 
6| | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | | |A| | | | | | | | | 
7| | | | | | | | | | | | |W|J| | | | |B| | | | | | | | 
8| | | | |[/u]                             [u]| | | | | | | | 
9| | | | |[/u]                             [u]| | | | | | | |[/u]

W-Watcher
J-Jaren (the body is also in this space)
A-Alex
B-Aesha Brook-song
R-Raysuldra
K-Kyria
S-Storm
C-enemy warforged

Surprise Round:
14 Kyria
10 enemy warforged
10 Alex
4 Raysuldra

(GammaPaladin--You posted the wrong link in the RG thread. It doesn't lead anywhere.
@\/ - Corrected. I left her off the map until I saw whether or not she won init and moved first, but then I didn't put her on.)

Last edited:

GammaPaladin

First Post
(Sorry, was switching from myth-weavers to campaign-blog, and forgot to set the public permissions... Fixed now. I don't see the enemy Warforged on the map though... There's no C)

Remove ads