Pinnacle's Forgotten Forge

Pinnacle

First Post
[sblock=OoC]Warforged can gain Fast Healing. There are some creatures that don't heal naturally that have that ability normally.[/sblock]

Kyria recognizes the man as someone she's seen on campus, and she thinks he works in the history department; she finds blood-stained ID in his pocket that may confirm this. There is also a small coin purse on his belt.

The leather satchel contains quills, ink, several blank sheets of fine paper, a small book with a leather cover decorated with mithral strands, and a round object wrapped in a cloth.

Other than her cloak, the bloody battle-axe, and her belt (which she seems to wear only to hold the axe), Cutter carries only a backpack; it's empty. Kyria has time to look at one of these things more closely before she is interrupted.

A second whistle comes, this time much closer and accompanied by rushing feet. Three people, wearing the uniform of the Sharn Watch (leather armor dyed green with black studs) come rushing into view. The leader is a middle-aged dwarven man weilding a crossbow. Behind him are two young humans, a man and a woman, who carry halberds. The dwarf stops about 20 feet from you and levels his crossbow, while the humans step in front of him and ready their weapons.

The dwarf spits out his whistle. "There are reports of fighting at the university, and I arrive to find two people lying on the ground. Drop any weapons and explain," he says coldly and calmly.

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Storm will place his bow and spear down on the bridge, while muttering under his breath "A construct is hardly a person" only loudly for Raysuldra to hear. Storm'll cross his arms in front of him, while he awaits one of the locals to speak up, growling softly.

covaithe

Explorer
Kyria will have secreted as many small items about her person as possible, particularly the coin purse. If there is time, she'll have looked more closely at the round object wrapped in cloth.

When the watch arrive, Kyria will step forward and speak up, keeping her hands well away from her weapons... the visible ones, at least. "Oh, thank goodness you're here, Officer! It's... it's Provost Geldam! He's been murdered! I saw everything! This 'forged here on the ground attacked him in cold blood, and then these others..." She points to Alex, Watcher, and Raysuldra, continuing "came to his defense, and overpowered her. The rest of us were just trying to see if we could help, but poor Provost Geldam! I think he's... dead!"

ooc: diplomacy +4, bluff +2 (although I don't think she's lied... yet)

GammaPaladin

First Post
Alex has long since tucked his chain away into his cloak, having no particular inclination to appear armed when the watch arrives.

He merely chuckled and winked at Kyria's suggestion to protect the Provost's possessions.

When the watchmen arrive, he nods at Kyria's explanation, and stands up to show the wound he took to his chest (As well as his formidable size ;) ).

"That bloody 'forged came from out of nowhere and attacked the lot of us. Wasn't the wisest of decisions, perhaps, but I think you'll agree it's within our rights to defend ourselves, innit?"

He may be a lowly Cogs worker... But he's still Brelish, and he knows his rights.

covaithe said:
"Bet yer big brass ones they would," Kyria responds cheerfully. "Now help me roll this one over," she tugs on the enemy warforged. "This shiny metal stuff doesn't come off somehow, does it? I mean, if it's not rude to ask. No offense or anything." She smiles winningly at Watcher.

"I have no brass components," he informs her, sounding slightly puzzled. "I am composed of solely of wood and adamantine." Watcher helps roll over the enemy 'forged. "The plating cannot be removed without a great deal of damage."

---------as the guards arrive-------------------

Watcher lets the others speak as he unhooks his greataxe and rests it on the ground. "The Provost had hired me to protect him. I failed to do so when this warforged attacked." His voice sounds curiously flat and without any inflection - any emotion that may have been evident in his words of but a few moments ago is gone.

pathfinderq1

First Post
Aesha stepped forward after a moment's hesitation, pushing back the hood of her cloak, and keeping her (empty) hands in plain sight to demonstrate no threat. "It is indeed as these other folk have told it," she claimed, her odd accent clear in her otherwise compelling voice. "That poor man was attacked, and the attacker found these helpful bystanders to be all too capable. It is terrible thing, but we have only tried to help- why the halfling even tried to heal the victim, but it was too late."

OOC: Since we've only had the one Diplomacy attempt so far, chalk this up as an Aid Another attempt to go with Kyria's Diplomacy (Skill roll at +3, TN 10 to give Kyria +2 bonus)

Pinnacle

First Post
As soon as he realizes that the group isn't hostile, the dwarf raises his hand to silence Kyria and motions the human guards forward. "See to the fallen," he says. "Yes, Sgt. Dolom," they reply and stow their weapons, the man moving over to Geldam and the woman to Cutter.

"Sorry Miss, go ahead," Dolom says, his crossbow lower now.

By the time everyone has finished explaining, several witnesses have appeared on the bridge; they all seem to corroborate your story. "Quiet!" barks the sergeant, before turning to his guards; "Report!"

"As the girl said, this man is already dead. His identification confirms that he is--was Provost Bonal Geldam. He was killed by a single blow from a large blade."
"An axe? This warforged has a bloody axe. He is not dead, but looks like he took hits from a few different weapons before he went down. He has an empty backpack--a thief?"

Sgt. Dolom considers his information. "Fine," he says, "I appreciate what you're sayin', and I believe you were helping. You do have the right to defend yourselves, but you should have retreated and called for the Watch; we're trained to do this so that you don't have to!" Despite his negative comments, the dwarf still looks somewhat impressed at what he's seen and heard.
Dolom stows his crossbow and pulls out a small notebook instead. "I'll need your names so I can contact you if we need more information, but then you can go and get outta this infernal rain. I'll give you two somethin' to get you patched up, too," he says, indicating Alex and Watcher.

Remove ads