• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pint Sized Sword and Sorcery

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth took Mick's hand and gave it a quick shake before returning to the conversation. His face perked up at Mick's words and the idea of something interesting to do with his day.

"A quest? Really? What kinda quest? Is there anything I can do to help?"

He smiled brightly up at the two kids with a hopeful look on his face.

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick, male human Explorer

"We're gonna cure the plague," Mick says importantly. "You can help if you want." He glances at Mary. "As long as it's okay with you, Mary."

Last edited:

Lichtenhart

First Post
Mary scratches the back of her head, then she can't resist the smile of the short kid in front of her and says:
"It's ok for me. You can come too. Oh and I am Mary. Mary Dench."
She shakes energically the hand of the dwarven boy.
"Did you see the ower of this boat? He has the cure, but can't bring it to Neva Town by the sea. He has problems with the forest too, but Mick goes there all the times, so it won't be a problem to us, right?"

Vargo

First Post
Edwina nods in agreement with Vandir, then grabs his hand and drags the (much larger) human child along behind her towards the other children.

"Hi, I'm Edwina, and this" - she waves her hand at Vandir, "is Vandir, and we're searching for my friend. Some nasty men in priest's robes took him away, can you help us find their temple?"

Before the same confusion is repeated all over again, Vandir steps in and explains that Edwina's friend is actually a seed, and that the seed is a baby treant.

Meanwhile, Stillquiet the cat looks for mice out of one eye, and keeps the other on Edwina.

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick rolls his eyes and shakes his head. "Ma-ary, I already introduced you. But anyway, let's get going! I've never been all the way through the forest, but it shouldn't be a problem."

When the two other kids approach, Mick scoffs. "Treants aren't real and seeds don't talk to people. We have an *important* mission to accomplish." He pauses. "If you want, you can join us on our mission though. Maybe your talking plant will show up." He smirks a little.

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth greeted the two newcomers, smiling at Edwina, pleased to meet someone closer to his own size for once. This day was certainly shaping up to be exciting. He scowls slightly at Mick's rude response.

"Geez, that's terrible. Why would any priests wanna steal your friend? But anyways, I don't think there've been any temples around here for a while so I don't know where to suggest you look."

Then he turns back to Mick.

"Isn't the Forest all the way on the other side of the island? How exactly are you planning to get there from here?"

Seonaid

Explorer
"Um . . . I--I mean, we--hadn't thought that far yet. I mean, we hafta get the stuff first. We got plenty of time to think."

Lichtenhart

First Post
"Hey, I was being polite! Someting you're not doin!" She scowls back at Mick. Then she looks at the gnomish girl and sees how little she is.
"I am Mary, and nobody can take anything from you just because you're smaller. If I catch tem I'll show tem! I'll help you find your friend, will you help us bring a cure to my mom? She's soo ill."

Seonaid

Explorer
Mick looks chastened for a moment. "I'm sorry," he mumbles to Edwina. "We'll help you find your friend." Then he brightens and says, "Where should we start? Me an' Mary are new here."

hafrogman

Adventurer
Garreth looks thoughtful for a moment before speaking.

"So, what we need to do is get the medicine, rescue Edwina's friend, make it to the other side of island, and stop the plague. Oh, and we have to be quick about it too, my mom get's awful angry if I'm not home in time for dinner."

He turns to look at Ed.

"Can you tell us what the priests looked like, and where it was that you saw them?"

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads