• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piracy

Have you pirated any 4th edition books?

• Pirated, didn't like, didn't buy

Votes: 77 21.2%
  • Pirated, liked it, but didn't buy

Votes: 31 8.5%
  • Pirated it, liked it, went out and bought it

Votes: 76 20.9%
  • Bought the book then pirated for pdf copy

Votes: 93 25.6%
  • Never pirated any of the books

Votes: 154 42.4%
  • Other/Random Miscellaneous Option

Votes: 25 6.9%

Nightson

First Post
So the discussion about book piracy in another made me want to post this thread. Have you pirated 4th edition game books before?

Side note: I'm generally amused by these types of threads/polls.

Considering that for most message boards, digitial piracy is a forbidden topic, I can't imagine that anyone that has done it and has a modicum of active brain cells is going to openly admit to such in a public forum.

Places like the #chan sites you'll see "Anonymous" openly talking about such a thing, but that's only becuase they're "Anonymous," and thus generally acking in accountability. See also Gabe's "Greater Internet Dickwad" theory.

On topic,
I bought the 4e books. Considered buying the PDFs, but given how little I play 4e these days, that's money better spent elsewhere on things I do use.

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
Bought me some priates. ;)

I bought the books but a not interested in PDF-versions. Instead of buying or pirating PDFs I've subscribed to DDI.

Piracy is not an option for me and this is not only due to illegality or fear of reprisals. It is due to PDFs being an awful medium for books. I don't like reading long texts on-screen and the idea of printing the books sounds pretty daft to me.

Lord Xtheth

First Post
I don't know what to answer without incriminating myself.
I HAVE bought every book I have. I believe the digital copies fall under fair use.

I'd realy much rather carry my 1lb laptop to work than 5-10 books.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads