• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pirate Art Help

tonse

First Post
In keeping with todays theme:
Does somebody know a site with good public domain pirate art? I'm working on a player introduction for a campaign right now. Some pretty pictures in it would certainly increase the chances that somebody actually reads it. ;)

Aeric

Explorer
I usually just do a Google image search for pirates. That seems to work fine for me. If it's for your own personal amusement (i.e. not for profit and you're not claiming any of the artwork as your own), it should be ok to use non-public domain pics. AFAIK, at least.

tonse

First Post
Thanks for the advise, but I also want to store it in a public Yahoo-Club. So I want to keep it is legal as possible.

Hussar

Legend
The simplest way for storing images is to use Photobucket and don't make the gallery public. Yes, it is still technically illegal, however, since no one other than those you tell can actually see it, I'm thinking that no one is going to be too upset.

For images, try www.renderocity.com Great stuff there.

tonse

First Post
dougmander said:
Do a google search on the following illustrators:

N C Wyeth
Howard Pyle

You should find some classic pirate illustrations there.

Thanks! I love the Howard Pyle stuff :)

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
tonse said:
Thanks for the advise, but I also want to store it in a public Yahoo-Club. So I want to keep it is legal as possible.

Real Pirates don't care if it's legal. Arrrr. (Of course I'm not a real pirate, so I would never recomend you do something illegal :) ).

tonse

First Post
MavrickWeirdo said:
Real Pirates don't care if it's legal. Arrrr. (Of course I'm not a real pirate, so I would never recomend you do something illegal :) ).

Real Pirates tend to have Guns and Cannons and stuff too... ;)

GMSkarka

Explorer
Dover Publications have a fairly good series of pirate clip-art images, which can be found in various locations, such as clipart.com.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads