Pirate Borg -- any of you scurvy dogs have it?

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Have you seen Mothership? What do you think of that?
I think I had mentally checked out on it because I thought it was based on OD&D, which I was over at the time. It sure has a lot of support, though, and looks like it could be easily adapted in lots of ways, as well as being likely a very easy sale to many of my players.

EDIT: And looking at the character sheet, I'm not sure why I thought of this as OD&D derived.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Pondering what kind of game to run for TLAP Day, either at my local game store or just for my friends. The adventure in Pirate Borg is one that's not likely to be wrapped up in three hours, so probably isn't a good model in this case. Alternately, while one could just run a piratical five-room dungeon, taking that too literally seems like kind of a waste of the possibilities of the system.

Any suggestions? I'm thinking about some sort of ship-borne ghost story.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Received my limited edition book. It's gorgeous, but at digest size, I assume pirates roam the Caribbean looking to plunder reading glasses.

I did not expect the errata stickers to work well in the book, but the uncoated nature of the paper used in the book makes it seem like they might end up adhering very well. Fingers crossed.

darjr

I crit!
Speaking of talk like a pirate day, if your going to run at your FLGS anyway have them get in on this..

Retail_poster_kit.jpeg
Retail_square_top_down.jpeg

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Speaking of talk like a pirate day, if your going to run at your FLGS anyway have them get in on this..

View attachment 293157View attachment 293158
I am going to be talking to my FLGS about whether they'd be up for this. (I'll figure out an adventure later, because that's the pirate way!)

RichGreen

Adventurer
Great to see Pirate Borg being discussed here. I played it at Gen Con Online last year and it was a lot of fun. I ran a Pirates of the Caribbean game many years ago using Skull and Bones (d20) and am keen to try another one using Pirate Borg.

Whizbang Dustyboots

Gnometown Hero
Great to see Pirate Borg being discussed here. I played it at Gen Con Online last year and it was a lot of fun. I ran a Pirates of the Caribbean game many years ago using Skull and Bones (d20) and am keen to try another one using Pirate Borg.
I was thinking of digging around in some Disney wikis and seeing if I could find enough information about the Pirates of the Caribbean ride setting (Isla Tesoro) to turn it into an adventure setting. An unofficial sourcebook for PotC for Pirate Borg would be amazing, although I suspect Disney lawyers would put the smack down if anyone tried to post it on DriveThruRPG, even for free.

Remove ads