• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Maldur said:
Actually reincarnate could be a decent way of neutralising a cloudgiant :)

Im not sure how a cloudgiant would react, reincarnated as lets say a human, or a kobold or....

Reincarnation is optional for the soul being affected (just like resurrection).

I can't find it in the SRD, but IIRC, the subject knows the name and deity of the person trying to raise them. I distinctly recall reading that somewhere.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
KidCthulhu said:
And this is why I miss playing Nolin. This would be meat and potatoes to Nol. Politics and blackmail, influence and extortion, all done with a smile and a wave of his [perfumed foppery] hand.

Aren't there all sorts of permanent domination effects in the XPH?

Anyhow, just this once, my vote is for the "nuclear proliferation" route. They go true resurrection, we go trap the soul.

What's the worst that can happen? (Superman II notwithstanding...)

Maldur

First Post
ok, there goes that plan.

I just found it funny, I can see adventurers hurrying a reincarnation so they get the bbeg in their clutches as an halfling so the "enemy "does not reincarnate them, and so they have a prisoner that is easily "handled"

WizarDru

Adventurer
Wulf Ratbane said:
Aren't there all sorts of permanent domination effects in the XPH?

Anyhow, just this once, my vote is for the "nuclear proliferation" route. They go true resurrection, we go trap the soul.

What's the worst that can happen? (Superman II notwithstanding...)

Wouldn't turning them into undead solve the problem?

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
Wulf Ratbane said:

I'm a big fan of the trap the soul option. Can't raise 'em if they're not dead...

Sejs

First Post
If it wern't for those pesky paladins and their undead hating ways, I'd say you could always just raise him as a big ol' zombie and stick him somewhere safe.

Like, say, encased in a block of stone somewhere on a good aligned outer plane.

Possibly under a rhino tree.

:p

Edit: *looks up* Of course, I could always suggest it an hour after it had already been suggested by someone else. That'd work too.

Last edited:

Henry

Autoexreginated
WizarDru said:
Exactly. Problem solved.

D'OH! @^#$%!

Forgot about Malachite's ability! Otherwise, killing the undead would mean it could be raised again. But not with Malachite's Tanned Finger on the Kill Switch. :D

Ok, been a long time since I last visited here, and I see P-kitty isn't any more caught up than usual ;)

I remember that someone was compiling the P-kitty thread into downloadable files. Is this still happening? Would anyone happen to have the page number, or a link, to the links to the files?

Wasn't there a sticky post here about archived story hours, whatever happened to that?

Hatchling Dragon

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads