• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Len

Prodigal Member
Piratecat said:
proverbial butt gets kicked with no hidden moral or social implications!
No one's questioning the ethical implications of creating undead for dating purposes? :uhoh:

WizarDru

Adventurer
Len said:
No one's questioning the ethical implications of creating undead for dating purposes? :uhoh:

The man said HIDDEN implications. The Dark Hunger probably wants to crow loud and far that he's all about the sexy, sexy vampire ladies. Gods get ALL the chicks, dude.

Besides which, gotta refill those abandoned priesthoods somehow, right? ;)

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Len said:

Well, I don't know about you, but I generally try not to question the ethics of the GOD OF UNDEAD.

At least, not out loud. ;)

KidCthulhu

First Post
Fajitas said:
Well, I don't know about you, but I generally try not to question the ethics of the GOD OF UNDEAD.

Yeah, that's the same reason we've all had to be very careful about using our "Out of Character" hats when calling Telliaz "The DORK Hunger". Don't mock happy, fun god.

Len

Prodigal Member
Fajitas said:

Hmm, let's see...
“I’m going to if I have to,” answers a clearly annoyed Tao. “You may be the son of a God, but you’re a pain in the ass for dragging us into this.”
“Sorry, pal,” says Stone Bear. “But it’s time to do what’s right.” And the shaman grabs Teliez and moves to throw him over the edge of tower’s battlements.
Velendo spins, furious. "Teliaz! You showed up out of nowhere and involved us in a dispute between divine beings! Now there's a demi-god out there that's about to kill us because of you. We want to help you but we're not sure how, so SHUT UP AND LET US THINK!"
Malachite nods. “He’s evil all right, but he’s also incompetent. We’re working under the assumption that someone has to assume the mantle of the Goddess of Undeath. For the moment, I’d rather it be someone incompetent that we have some control over."
Yeah, lots of respect shown there. :p

KidCthulhu

First Post
Yeah, but note all this disrespect came before he sat down at Imbindarla's All You Can Eat Divinity Buffet. Now that he's no longer demi- and has been added to the pantheon proper, we tread a little more carefully.

Fajitas

Hold the Peppers
Len said:
Yeah, lots of respect shown there. :p
I can only offer in defense, the following:

1) That's all from *before* he was a god.
2) None of that actually questions his ethics. Sure, it questions his competence, manners, timing, and personality. But none of it questions his ethics.
3) Please note that not a single one of those criticisms came from Sharra...

:)

Remove ads