• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Piratecat's up-to-date story hour (updated on 8/10, come game with PCat at GenCon!)

Seule

Explorer
What I want to know is, how powerful is Ioun really? I assume he's into Epic levels, but even that's not guaranteed. Being the last of a fabled group of powerful Magic-Users doesn't necessarily make you the most powerful mage around, although it might. I'd just as soon not assume anything.

Of course, if the PCs don't actually know how powerful he is, please don't answer. :)

--Seule

WizarDru

Adventurer
Piratecat said:
I think they now range between 21st level (Velendo) and 19th level (Eve). Velendo has an epic level ability that you'll see mentioned, and the members of the group are all pretty much at the top of their individual heaps. *sniff* My poor, poor bad guys. :D

Yeah, yeah. Welcome to my world, bunky.

Kevin, let me just say that you're a delight. I hope things are going well for you in the real world.

I've gotta get some illustrations for you. ;)

Sagiro

Rodent of Uncertain Parentage
Seule said:
What I want to know is, how powerful is Ioun really? I assume he's into Epic levels, but even that's not guaranteed. Being the last of a fabled group of powerful Magic-Users doesn't necessarily make you the most powerful mage around, although it might. I'd just as soon not assume anything.

Of course, if the PCs don't actually know how powerful he is, please don't answer. :)
Piratecat wouldn't let us look at Ioun's sheet, but Fajitas (who was playing Ioun) did at one point utter the phrase: "...back when I was 27th level..."

:eek:

-Sagiro

KidCthulhu

First Post
Sagiro said:
Piratecat wouldn't let us look at Ioun's sheet, but Fajitas (who was playing Ioun) did at one point utter the phrase: "...back when I was 27th level..."

:eek:

-Sagiro

And it was pretty clear he was talking about "Way back when I was 27th level". Not as if this was something that happened last week.

Dakkareth

First Post
Well, arcanists of 30th level and above made up the highest tier of archmages and Karsus was 41th, when he cast his avatar ...

Oh, and [sblock]
An acolyte harrumphed quietly by the door, and Velendo jumped to his feet. “Speaking of which, Ioun and his entourage should be here in five minutes. Everyone ready?” He eyes Eve’s worn and mis-sized chain mail, but says nothing.

“Ready,” says Mara with assurance. Agar gives a nervous glance up at the ceiling, but nods nevertheless. The others do as well.

“Then let’s go meet Congenio Ioun,” said Velendo, and they left the room.
I presume the shift of tenses is not intended? :cool: [/sblock]

Great to see updates again :)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads