Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - Coming in 2011

Megaton

First Post
I'm not sure about Gilliam but I've always found these movies really entertaining. I guess after the box office take that the trilogy had, we should have seen a third on coming.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I'm fine with this--as long as it doesn't involve Will Turner or Elizabeth (Swan) Turner.

There's plenty more that can be done with Jack Sparrow and Barbossa, but the tale of the Turners is done, thanks.
Don't hold your breath. We may see The Flying Dutchman again. :erm:

Yet I agree, that story pretty much ended albeit badly.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Talking about plot holes and stupidity in the 3rd movie...

The The Flying Dutchman stipulation wasn't that much of a stipulation.

So what if you can't step on dry land every 10 years (note the movie said 'dry land' and not 'the lands of the living' which would have been a BIG difference in the stipulation), that doesn't stop a good pirate king from building a Pirate city that is built entirely on a series of piers in a shallow lagoon. That also doesn't stop you from going to port and having wenches and booze brought to your ship. Sure you have to ferry the souls of those who died at sea to the lands of the death, but honestly I don't see that as being a full time job even back in the 17th/18th centuries.

Last edited:

Cat Moon

Banned
Banned
Sure, the third one was just a little too long for my taste and a bit droll in the middle. It did however, close off the storyline quite well. Unless Disney is going for a new trilogy based on Turner's son, I just don't see this as worthwhile prospect.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Sure, the third one was just a little too long for my taste and a bit droll in the middle. It did however, close off the storyline quite well. Unless Disney is going for a new trilogy based on Turner's son, I just don't see this as worthwhile prospect.
Forget about the Turners. I just like to see more [mis]adventures of Captain Jack Sparrow.

Oni

First Post
First one great, second one meh, third one I left the theatre a little angry they had managed to take something that had started out really cool and make it into an utter pile of crap.

They should just stop making these.

Ranger REG

Explorer
First one great, second one meh, third one I left the theatre a little angry they had managed to take something that had started out really cool and make it into an utter pile of crap.

They should just stop making these.
Because the third film is crap? Nah.

I never even finshed watching #3. A #4.... for the money only I guess. Doubt I'll see it unless the kids twict my arm or there really is nothing to watch for several months before and after.

Remove ads