Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - Coming in 2011

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I left the theatre a little angry they had managed to take something that had started out really cool and make it into an utter pile of crap.

They should just stop making these.

Hollywood: We steal your money, ruin your expectations, then crap on your childhood.

Ranger REG

Explorer
I never even finshed watching #3. A #4.... for the money only I guess.
*restrains himself from yelling "WELL, DUH!!!" in megamania's face*

It's not like the whole Disney-based film franchise began as an indie short film. I don't need to be in Cali or Florida to see that Disney parks are milking it for all it's worth.

What's next? Accusing WotC of making money off of D&D with a new edition?

I don't care if they're doing it for profit or donate the entire (100%) ticket sales toward the Make-A-Wish Foundation. If they want my money, they better make it a good film. Period.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
I wonder if Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will add fuel to an American McGee's Alice adaptation, or will be the final nail in the coffin.

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
I wonder if Tim Burton's Alice in Wonderland will add fuel to an American McGee's Alice adaptation, or will be the final nail in the coffin.

I hope it is it's coffin nail. Having 2 'Alice in Wonderland' movies within 5 years is stupid even if one of them was a not dark revisioning on the world.

Orius

Legend
Johnny Depp signed up for the next one for one simple reason -- he wants the money so that he and Terry Gilliam can get a second shot at making their Don Quixote movie.

That sound like it could be fun. Depp's a decent character actor I guess, but then I only notice the quality of acting when it's so execrably bad that Ebert would want to grow another arm so he could give it three thumbs down. :p

However, I can't see how watching a senile old Spaniard on a spavined old horse tilting at windmills could be less than entertaining. :)

hey! Who let George Lucas in here? This is our forum! :p

Heh.

Kunimatyu

First Post
Lose the Turners and it could be a good movie.

I hope they go for broke and do "Pirates 4: On Stranger Tides" - Jack *is* apparently looking for the Fountain of Youth, after all.

ssampier

First Post
Meh. I'd rather have a Pirates of the Carribean prequel myself.

If not, Johnny Depp in the The Pirates of Penzance would probably be more entertaining.

Remove ads