• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Placing the Sunless Citadel in Greyhawk: Suggestions on Location Requested

Ghostmoon

First Post
Hello,

I am starting a new campaign and would like to use the "The Sunless Citadel" and set it in Greyhawk. I am new to Greyhawk and was wondering where other DM’s have set the Citadel.

I would like to find somewhere fairly remote, on the cold side, and somewhere where the ashen plain described in the module could be placed easily. So far I have not found anywhere, at least in the Greyhawk Gazetteer, which fits all the criteria.

Any suggestions would be very helpful! Also, I realize that the module is designed to be set anywhere. I am seeking specific advice and experience on where others have put it.

Thanks!
Ghostmoon

Sam

First Post
Ghostmoon said:
I am starting a new campaign and would like to use the "The Sunless Citadel" and set it in Greyhawk. I am new to Greyhawk and was wondering where other DM’s have set the Citadel.

In my game, I put it in northwestern Furyondy. On the LGG map, it is in hex V12 (if I've figured out how to reference hexes on that map correctly :rolleyes: ). Anyway, it just seemed like a good spot, and the characters are on average 7th level now. Outside of a rescue mission in the Shield Lands, the characters haven't been outside of Furyondy.

--Sam

diaglo

Adventurer
Flexor the Mighty! said:
When I ran it I put it up near Highfolk.

I agree.

if you have any of the older stuff converted, this works great.

Uk2 and Uk3 both low level modules are very nearby.

Shadowdancer

First Post
Our campaign is based in the City of Greyhawk. We placed Sunless Citadel just over the border in the Duchy of Urnst, south of the Nyr Dyv.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads