Planescape 3.5e - Cold Black Mask

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"That way Cinder," Pierce agrees with the aasimar, jerking a pointy thumb in the approximate direction taken by the barbazu and berk. The gold goes quickly into her belt pouch, and she looks over the other two. "Did you want to hire me as well?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Istvan closes his eyes and shakes his head in imperceptible dismay upon hearing that his companion had just been bilked out of a working-man's two week salary mere moments after arriving in the otherworldly metropolis. Apparently greed and fast-talking were universal constants to be weary of. So the wayfarer isn't surprised when the oddly armored woman attempts to continue the game with himself. He'd have to put a stop to this foolishness quickly lest he and his companions be left destitute by nightfall. "I'm sorry, but aren't you already gainfully employed by another m'lady?"

Istvan takes a step back and cranes his neck up to get a better look at the woman. It's only then that he realises that what he'd at first mistaken for a spiked helmet was in fact the woman's own face. Istvan blinks a few times in surprise, but quickly regains his composure. He supposes that he shouldn't be surprised that his fiend-blooded companion should attract the attention of a equally strange woman. "Besides, who's to say you're any better at fending off ruffians that my heavily armed cleric friend or that we're even in imminent danger?"

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Heinrich frowns at collection of strange people, but he doesn't complain. Instead, after a moment he sighs and pulls out a pouch from under his armored belt. "Save your money, Sindr. Hagen was a good and loyal friend of the church, I've as much need to pay for this information as you."

The cleric seems to be calming down a little bit, familiar words and arguments helping to keep him from going into shock at this sudden barrage of newness.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Anthony glaces at the pouch, waiting to see if the apparently religious prime actually does something with it. He's not going to ask for more gold, but if someone is willing to hand it away, who is he to refuse?

Ambrus

Explorer
This time Istvan visibly rolls his eyes as he raises a hand to gently restrain the cleric from senselessly giving his away his money as well. Were his two companions completely clueless? "Save yer gold Pap until somebody offers you something you need." The frustrated gnome jerks a thumb over his shoulder to point to the aasimar. "The Keshalyi-Vezet's already been paid a week's wages just to tell us Hagen was dragged off that way by a Barbazu. He don't need any more money, cause he doesn't know more about it than that. And the Chiv-nô..." Istvan points to the spike-studded woman "...already got paid just as much for promising to keep Cinder safe from... nothing in particular." Istvan withdraws his hand from the priest's bracer and finishes on a more respectful tone. "So, Pap, why don't you just take your purse and tuck it away inside that kavvi-saster on your chest for safekeeping?"[sblock=Zurai]Since Sindr understands gnomish, I thought you might like a translation of the cryptic words peppering Istvan's speech:
Pap = priest
Keshalyi-Vezet = Fairy guide
Chiv-nô = blade woman
kavvi-saster = iron kettle[/sblock]

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Sorry, I must have been more sleep deprived than I thought when I posted that, I intended to finish that sentence by having Heinrich pass a gold piece to Sindr and then put the pouch away. Since people have already replied, go with it, we'll assumed Heinrich's brain is as cloudy as mine right now.[/sblock]

Heinrich shakes his head to clear it, pulls out two gold coins and passes them to Sindr before shooting a look at Istvan. "We've just found out that Hagen passed through some portal to another place entirely and your first worry is that we might be overcharged a few crowns to learn something of what's going on?"

Ambrus

Explorer
Feeling reprimanded, Istvan steps back and raises his scarf back up over his nose. "Sorry Pap. My concern is for our well being. We've only got what we brought to help us find Haggen in this strange place. I think we'll have a better chance of tracking him down if we don't squander our salt & silver." Having said far more than he'd intended to, the gnome pulls his goggles back down over his eyes and returns his attention to studying the curving cityscape around them.

Last edited:

Nac Mac Feegle

First Post
Heinrich gives Istvan another stern look, and says - in the tones of a man who has gotten used to giving this lecture many, many times - "What we have is the blessings of Heironeous and a just cause, we should be most worried about squandering those.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Anthony watches the group with growing impatience, wondering if these prims are actually so clueless as to pay him the amount he asked for answering all their questions when they only intended to ask one. Feeling a bit sorry for them, he decides to volunteer some advice. "I uh, think I should warn ya, the Lady don't allow no Powers in the cage, so don' expec too much of prayer." He looks behind them at where their portal once was.

"Lookin at the state o' the door ya came through I'd say yer stuck here for now. So why don' I give ya the tour?" He waits expectantly for them to turn their attention to him.

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
Cang does not notice the step backwards, and seems rather oblivious to any hesitation on the gnome's part as he attempts to explain. "Perhaps you are right. I should like to witness this sema some day... it sounds fascinating." He bobs his head at the gnome's final, questioning statement. "I am Shou. At least, I was; I do not think of myself as such any longer. Though I was born in Shou Lung, I remember little of it, and it has been twelve years since last I dwelt there." Cang briefly considers revealing more about the circumstances surrounding the leaving of his homeland, but when the gnome becomes involved with the discussion the others are having, Cang simply falls silent.

When the guide volunteers to give the primes a tour, however, the warrior monk rises to his feet again and addresses the tout. "I would appreciate a tour, and am willing to pay," he says, pulling out his coin pouch. "I paid another 'tout' just yesterday to show me around, but the only places he showed me were pubs and taverns, most of them were in the Hive Ward, and he insisted on stopping at each of them for half an hour... In the end he abandoned me at a place called the Burning Man or the Sizzling Carcass or something to that effect, and after three attempts to steal my coins I managed to escape the hellhole. I assume you offer services of a... higher quality?"

Remove ads