Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Vaerhia directs a slightly feral smile at Wyk. "Oh, yes... many talents," she purrs to him.

Looking to the rest of the room, she sets her glass on the table. "You misunderstand. I said that the items were on the ship. They've been moved since then." She shrugs. "My apologies... perhaps I should have clarified."

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Ah, so we don't even really know where they are exactly, just that they're close... Would it even be worth looking for them then? Might take more time than we think..."

Eluvan

First Post
"The average basher from Hopeless who found that stuff would be thinking his ship had come in," Elandra says sadly in response to Estariel. "He'd liekly auction it off to the highest bidder, and maybe keep a couple of choice bits for himself depending on his inclination."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit nods and swallows the last of his tea. "Yes, the same one who was guarding us when the ship crashed. He didn't look much the worse for wear."

Vaerhia sighs. "As much as I think it might not be the best idea, I would like to at least attempt to retrieve my items. I have something that... is important to me that was taken. While it can be replaced..." she shrugs.

Eluvan

First Post
The conversation is, at this point, punctuated by a polite knocking on the door to the spacious room in which the disparate band are seated. Elandra's face wrinkles in perturbation for a moment at the disturbance, before she calls "Come in,", and stands up so as to turn round and better address whoever might enter. The door swings open and a figure steps in, clad in the armour worn by all the guards of the Ministry. His movements are hesitant, seeming rather incongruous with the imposing sight he presents in his bulky armour, with his gleaming sword at his side. "Mistress Elandra..." he speaks, his voice smooth and cultured. "Your pardon, but a man is at the front door. An envoy from Emenukaris." He is obviously trying to present the information neutrally, but he cannot help incredulity and bafflement from sounding in his voice. "He is unaccompanied and apparently unarmed, though he declined to acquiesce to a search. He says he wishes to speak with you. And with your guests."

Hypersmurf

Moderatarrrrh...
"Well, our arrival didn't go unnoticed," Estariel remarks. "Flying ships crashing through walls can't be all that common, I suppose."

"There's no harm in talking to the man, surely?" he adds.

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

To Elandra Wyk says, "I take it this is not a normal occurance. I for one am interested to here what the man has to say."

Remove ads