Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

tylermalan

First Post
"Ahh this doesn't sound good to me, but it doesn't look like we can get out of here without talking to him, so I guess we have to..."

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra looks briefly around and, seeing the prevailing mood, shrugs. "Alright then," she instructs the guard, "Bring him in here. Never leave him with fewer than four men, got it?"

The guard nods and leaves. A couple of minutes later four guards bring in a short, well-dressed man of middling years. Human, or something very much like one in form, he is rather unremarkable in most ways, and certainly would not stand out at all in a crowd. He walks with a slight limp and has a cane of dark wood, mahogany or the like, which helps to support him. Ignoring the guards around him utterly, he steps forward and bows deeply before addressing everybody else present in a soft, reedy voice. "Good afternoon. His lordship Emenukaris extends his warm greetings to all of you."

He stands politely for a moment, perhaps waiting for an invitation to be seated. For her part, Elandra's face is wrinkled in undisguised disgust, and she shows no sign of offering such an invitation.

JimAde

First Post
Krikit stands (having little impact on his height) and smiles brightly at the newcomer. "Well that's nice to hear," he says without irony. He extends his hand to the envoy. "I'm Krikit, and your name was...?"

Eluvan

First Post
Clearly giving up on getting any courtesy from Elandra, Dainan nods to Eclaiyan. "Indeed, my purpose in coming here was primarily to deliver a message. I thought it might be possible to have an informal chat - but I see that will be impossible," he says in a neutral tone, eyes flickering towards Elandra. "As such I shall deliver my message and be on my way. My master, his lordship Emenukaris, wishes you to know that he holds you in no way responsible for the unfortunate events in which you have recently been unwilling participants. You have nothing to fear from him, and he gives assurances that those who claimed unrightful dominion over you have been disabused of their delusions. You are free. In addition, he sends you an invitation to dine with him this evening. Come at seven, if it pleases you. Good day." With that he bows and walks calmly back through the door, swiftly followed by his minders.

Remove ads