Planescape: A Hopeless Beginning

Eluvan

First Post
The liquor, when sampled, quickly makes sense of Elandra's previous comment that nobody had been brave enough to drink it for some time. This is the hard stuff, alright. Just smelling it is enough to give something of a headrush to anyone who suppresses the natural reflex to recoil from the overwhelming smell of alcohol. Actually drinking the stuff is quite an experience. It has a slightly viscous consistency, more like custard or gravy than water, and it burns all the way down such that it's a genuine surprise to find that your mouth isn't hurt once it is swallowed.

"No," Elandra replies to Eclaiyan, "the ship bore no identifying marks that I could tell. Almost certainly privately owned. And yes, Emenukaris certainly knows about your dramatic entrance. That's why I was so anxious to get you here. For now I shouldn't be too worried - after his initial bout of belligerence his Lordship has been canny enough to leave us well enough alone. So long as you're here you have sanctuary I think, and as I said before I can get you out of here and back to Sigil if you just say the word."

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

After a sip of the potent brew, Wyk decides to drink very slowly. "I do appreciate the offer of transport to Sigil, but if it will not impose too much on your hospitality, I'd like to stay a little while and try to find some answers."

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"I agree, I think I'd like to know why we ended up here of all places. Besides, if we're going to have any chance to get our things back, I suspect they'd have to be on that wrecked ship, right? Where else could they be?"

Vaerhia laughs at Elandra's quick apology. "None taken. Save for a few renegades, it's true." She sips her drink with a pleased smile at the strength of said liquor, and listens to the discussions quietly.

In a lull in the conversation, she speaks up. "You've said many times that we're safer with you than where this so-called Lord Emenukaris can reach us. What would his reaction be if he had found us?"

JimAde

First Post
Krikit silently sips his tea, absorbing what Elandra has told him about the astral seas that seem to now separate him from his home.

Eluvan

First Post
Elandra considers Vaerhia's question for a few moments before giving her answer. "I don't know. Not exactly, anyway. He might have had you hauled off in chains and then tortured you for information you don't have. Or he might have invited you in for tea and a polite chat. Depends entirely on his mood at the time, and how much of a threat he perceived in you. Either way, though, you can bet your last green that once he got you in his power you'd have to buy your freedom at a higher price than you'd like."

tylermalan

First Post
Eclaiyan

"Well, I feel fine without my things to be honest, but maybe that's the coward in me coming out... nah, never happens! I could use my things back, though I'd be far from heartbroken if I didn't get them, so I suppose it just comes down to the rest of you... who feels as though they still need their belongings badly enough to go take them back? I'm more than comfortable helping anyone else with such a risky proposition, as I'm sure I will need some help to reacquire my belongings as well..."

JimAde

First Post
"If we don't make an attempt to retrieve our things, what should our next step be? I for one could use a day's rest in a warm bed, but I doubt the local inns are much given to charity." Krikit turns back to Elandra. "Is there any way we could earn room and board here until we decide on a course of action?"

Scotley

Hero
Wyk

Wyk takes another sip of the potent liquor, "I must agree with Krikit, we enjoy your hospitality madam, but I for one would be willing to earn my keep. As to the question of our gear, some among you must have a gift for magic or mental prowess. Can you not locate or somehow sense its presence? At least then we'd know where to start."

JimAde

First Post
Krikit shrugs. "Sorry," he says, "but my own magical skills are fairly limited. I can tell when something is magical if I can see it normally, but mystically finding something is beyond my talents." He looks around at the others.

Remove ads