Planescape: Chrysalis

Ashy

First Post
Noi'nu calls out to the merc running before him, "Stop, slaver, or I'll have you cut down in your tracks!"

He then calls to the quasit, "Barnabus, what is wrong? Where is Cedric? Everyone else, report! How fare you all?"

Cabe Zeree

First Post
OOC: Sorry, I was at a Moby concert last night, and wasn't able to get back to you. But now I am back on track. :)

IC:
The merc slows to a halt, he stands equidistant from the horses and Noi'nu. He slowly turns, sweat plasters his lanky black hair, his eyes dart back and forth from one side of the camp to the other, and then to Noi'nu.

Barnabus doesn't answer Noi'nu's question with words, but the quasit looks up and his serpentine eyes bore into the ranger. He extends his batlike wings to their fullest extent, the left bears three great gashes and its tatters of leathery flesh flap aimlessly in the wind.

Kort appears in a blink to Noi'nu's right, a beaming smile on his youthful face. "Well cutter, is the evening won?" He glances around as he asks his question.

Noi'nu hears people approaching from the south (where they left Nara, Panaver, and Rabian).

Ashy

First Post
OOC: Hope ya had a good time at the concert, cutter! :)

IC:
Noi'nu nods turtly to the merc, and spits, "Drop your weapons, basher. NOW."

He then looks to Barnabus and when he sees the quasit's wings, he yells, "We need some healin' here, quick! Nara!" His masked gaze then falls upon Kort, and he replies, "I believe so, my friend, but I fear that Cedric, the leader of the slavers, got away..."

Zee and Rexx finish their gory business and then join the group. Zee, always the practical minded battle-master, begins assessing their status. "Who is wounded? Call out or come to me for triage..."

Rexx cocks his eyebrow at the quasit's wounds, but holds his tongue for the moment, supressing several jokes he has heard in the Lower Ward that would likely be fitting right about now...

OOC: Did Cedric get away? Who has healing abilities, Nathan? :)

Cabe Zeree

First Post
Champions of Lornhall

OOC: Cedric got away, along with two mercs according to Noi'nu's count of the bodies.

Healers: Nara, Panaver, and only marginally, Rexx.

IC:

Nervous, the corner of the mercenary’s lip twitches, and he glances back and forth again before focusing on Noi'nu. His left hand slowly moves to unbuckle his sword belt.

Nara, Panaver, and Rabian appear out of the darkness. The young artist, sketchpad clutched to his side, is beaming, but when he sees the bodies strewn about the camp, the glow quickly fades. He stops his jog and proceeds more slowly, as he draws closer Noi’nu sees the dark circles under his eyes and the heavy creases in his cheeks.

The innkeeper and Rabian stop a few paces behind Noi’nu, their eyes slowly track across the former campsite. “The deed is done,” Rabain says as he shoulders his bow. He takes a few steps closer to Noi’nu, “Cutter I had you and the others wrong, my apologies.” His statement is quiet but Noi’nu hears it clearly.

“Who is in need ranger?” Nara asks glancing to Noi’nu, but then she turns to gaze beyond him, and her eyes narrow. “Cedric stung Barnabus’ wing good, but I can help some.”

OOC: Everyone fared well through the battle, most have a few bruises to show for it, but no major wounds. Panaver appears quite tired, and he admits controlling the bats and calling up the wind took a lot out of him.

Two mercs, besides the ones standing up are still alive, but on the brink. The other four have passed beyond.

The night belongs to the Champions of Lornhall.

Ashy

First Post
Noi'nu does not let his masked gaze move from the merc until he has dropped his weapons and is bound. However, he responds to those speaking to him. To Panaver, the masked man lays a hand on his shoulder, "You did well, lad. Know that without your skills, more would lie on the ground and it would be those you know as oppossed to those you do not..." The masked man leaves it at that, and lets the young artist rest.

Then, to Rabian, simply "None needed."

Finally, to Nara, "Thank you."

OOC: Noi'nu directs that the prisoners need to be bound and healed, if possible, in that order. The party and the prisoners are to be healed first, however, then all are to set out at once for Lornhall...

Cabe Zeree

First Post
As Noi'nu touches Panaver's shoulder a tingle of electric fire dances up his arm, but its gone as quickly as he feels it. Panaver looks up and offers a weak smile.

Nara walks over to Barnabus and the two start a quiet conversation as she inspects his battered wing.

Garret appears out of the darkness, and the freed Lornhall prisoners follow him. He produces straps of rawhide to bind the mercs, brought "just in case," he says with a smile. Nara removes the bolt from the merc Kort wounded and stops the bleading with a little magic, at least stopping the threat of death. Barnabus watches everything from his perch on the horse's saddle, his wing is no longer in tatters, but veins of angry red, raw tissue, still mar his wing in a spiderweb.

Luckily a few of the merc's horses remain, they'll make the trip back to Lornhall easier. Everyone starts mounting their horses, when Zee silently appears at the Old Man's side.

"Are we just letting Cedric get away? You know his trail 'll be cold if we don't follow him," Zee states, his voice is flat, emotionless, the githzerai didn't clutter the facts with his desire.

OOC: Sorry for using Zee there for a second. Felt it fits in with the character and the story at the moment.

What's the plan? Return to Lornhall? Hail the conquering heroes? Then what?

If asked there are three very apparent paths forward:
Try to track down Cedric
Return to Lornhall, get what Blue Eyes wants from Azim and find a way back to Sigil
Or, return to Lornhall, send Barnabus on his way back to Blue Eyes, and join up with Panaver, Rexx, and Zee to strike into the Hinterlands to continue their mission.

Enjoy the eve!

Nathan

Ashy

First Post
Noi'nu nods at Zee's comment. "Well, some of us can go after Cedric while the rest of you return to Lornhall. What say you all - speak quickly..."

Zee's hard eyes glitter for a moment and he says, simply, "I know that those who do ill, if not punished, tend to do ill again."

Rexx shrugs, "I'm up for anythin', but I'd sure prefer one of Nara's beds to sleepin' on th' ground again..."

Noi'nu nods and looks to the others...

Cabe Zeree

First Post
It hasn't been fun cutter, but its a tale I'll live to tell.

A smile plays across Kort's lips, his close call just a few moments ago already forgotted. "You have my skill and bow if you need it."

Panaver eyes shift from the fire, blue like shards of clear noon sky, lines still furrow his brown and cheaks, but he holds himself confidently. "I'll go, finding him won't be simple, and you may need every friend you have."

Rabian looks from Noi'nu to Nara to the freed captives then back to Noi'nu. "He has the blood of a devil to be sure, a life rid of him for good would be all the better, but you have already done so much for us cutters, all of you." He shrugs. "Still do what you like, but I must take our children home." He claps Noi'nu on the back and extends a hand to Zee, and then begins to walk back towards the other camp.

Garret nods once to Noi'nu and Zee before he walks from camp. He picks up the reins of one of the merc's horses, two of the mercs are trussed up and slung over the horse's back, and leads the small train to the south where the Lornhall horses wait.

Barnabus hops off the horse as its led by Noi'nu. "It hasn't been fun cutter, but its a tale I'll live to tell. I've got buisness to finish, and I think I know the way the wind is blowing. If ya make it back to Sigil, ya need't worry about Blue Eyes, but you owe me a large drink a bub." The quasit extends his small clawed hand.

"Nara?" Rabian asks from the edge of the firelight. The woman turns from her place beside the fire, she looks at Noi'nu and seems to look directly into his eyes.

Ashy

First Post
Noi'nu nods to those who speak in turn, but replies to the quasit. "Thank you, cutter. I will owe you more than that. Tell Blue Eyes I'll be back soon to collect my payment."

He then turns his masked face to Nara and repeats the question posed by Rabian, "Nara?..."

Cabe Zeree

First Post
The roads are so hard to leave behind

The woman glances around at all the eyes turned towards her. She shakes her head once and offers a half smile. "Sorry thinkin of earlier days. I don't supose you boys need someone with a knack for healin or wielding the mace?" she asks with a smirk.

"Nara?" Rabain asks again, a definite note of suprise in his voice.

"The roads are so hard to leave behind." Nara quickly shakes her head. "It was good to run into you bloods, most would've turned their back on our town, but not you. There'll always be a bed at the Gambit for ya, if you ever come through again." She offers another smile and walks towards Rabian.

Remove ads