• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape: Is it just me?

Cevalic

First Post
Is it just me or has there been a revival of planescape on the boards lately? I've seen quite a few threads dealing with it. I'm not complaining, in fact PS will always be my favorite setting. I guess, what I'm getting at, does anyone think someone will get the liscence from WOTC and put out a PS product? I think that it would definately sell well.

Any chances of it happening due to the increased buzz about the setting?

JPL

Adventurer
Cevalic said:
Is it just me or has there been a revival of planescape on the boards lately? I've seen quite a few threads dealing with it. I'm not complaining, in fact PS will always be my favorite setting. I guess, what I'm getting at, does anyone think someone will get the liscence from WOTC and put out a PS product? I think that it would definately sell well.

Maybe.

I've wondered about a Dungeon/Dragon/Poly crossover to tie in with the new Players's Guide to the Planes.

Ashy

First Post
Cevalic said:

Doubtfull. As I have said here and elsewhere before, when Planewalker.com (my baby) became the official PS website, I asked about these types of things - the money required was staggering, mostly due to the license being deemed "more worthy" in WotC/Hasbro's eyes due to the success of Torment. So, the official 3e conversion that is going on over at Planewalker.com is the only official 3e interpretation at this point, and will likely remain that way. The good news is - it is a top notch effort and it is completely FREE. ;)

LGodamus

First Post
in the past it had been said wotc wanted too much for the license,but if this board is any indicator , i know i know, there is enough interest to offset even a high purchase price for the liscense...maybe one of the d20 companies will come to the same conclusion.

Banshee16

First Post
Ashy said:
Doubtfull. As I have said here and elsewhere before, when Planewalker.com (my baby) became the official PS website, I asked about these types of things - the money required was staggering, mostly due to the license being deemed "more worthy" in WotC/Hasbro's eyes due to the success of Torment. So, the official 3e conversion that is going on over at Planewalker.com is the only official 3e interpretation at this point, and will likely remain that way. The good news is - it is a top notch effort and it is completely FREE. ;)

But it's taking so long....:(

I know, everyone working on it is volunteering their time.....and they're doing a *great* job....I'd just love to see the finished product.

As good as a web expansion or conversion is, whether it's official or not, a printed book would reach more people...

Banshee

Ashy

First Post
All of this I realize, but even some of the biggest D20 companies (likely) could not afford the PS license - I am talking ALOT of dough here....

But ya never know what can happen. :p

Taelorn76

First Post
I am surprised WotC does not release a PS campaign. If they say the price for the license went up because of the success of Torment, then they should realize that a PS campaign could be successful as well. Thus bringing in more money for them, I know I would spend alot on PS material.

Shemeska

Adventurer
Zappo said:
I suspect that the concentration of Planescape fans is substantially higher on these boards.

And that those of us here have big mouths and aren't afraid to use them... :D

*waves hand and points at self*

I can't claim too much of the credit for the recent threads here, (you be the judge, but I've doubled or tripled my number of posts in a week or two) but I've been going out of my way to pimp Planescape from back in the 2e days, and the 3e Planewalker material over on the WotC boards as well as here. It's gotten a large response in both places.

Remove ads