• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape Mimir Conversion?

Grue

First Post
It occupies that odd little niche between magic item and construct. I think in 2e they were 2,000 gp but the pricing seems a little off for 3e. I did find a stat bloc after digging around a bit more at Planewalker but it seems a bit geared for using a mimir as a familiar (tiny construct with weapon finesse (bite)). Not sure if 2e ever statted up the mimir implicitly as a magic item either but I'm leaning towards the 'mimir's are tape-recorders that can cross reference entries' rather than the portable flying sage camp.

So before I did any real work on it for my campaign to come up with something close, I figured I'd ask around:)

Anyway for completeness here's the anonymous monster entry I found at planewalker--

Thu, 01/01/2004 - 07:00 — Anonymous
Tiny Construct
Hit Dice: 1/2d10 (2 hp)
Initiative: +2 (Dex)
Speed: Fly 40 ft. (perfect)
Armor Class: 14 (+2 size, +2 Dex)
Base Attack/Grapple: 0
Attack: 0
Full Attack: Bite +4
Space/Reach: 2 1/2 ft. by 2 1/2 ft. / 0
Special Attacks: None.
Special Qualities: Construct qualities, hardness 10
Saves: Fort +0, Ref +2, Will +0
Abilities: Str 8, Dex 15, Con --, Int 10, Wis 10, Cha 10
Skills: Knowledge (the planes): varies from +5 to +20, depending on quality. Also, mimirs always take 10 on Knowledge (the planes) checks.
Feats: Weapon Finesse (bite)

Environment: Any
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 1/2
Treasure: None
Alignment: True Neutral
Advancement: None
Level Adjustment: 0

A mimir looks like a large, stylized human skull made of metal. It is a magical item, but has stats like a creature.

Combat

Mimirs can do very little damage, so they don't usually fight. One might, however, bite the hand of someone trying to steal it.

Habitat/Society

Mimirs are often sold in Sigil as handy sources of information about the planes. They usually speak Common, but can be programmed to speak a different language. A mimir can be used as a familiar for an arcane spellcaster; such a familiar grants its master a +1 bonus to all Knowledge skills the master knows while within 1 mile of the master. Information on creating mimirs as magical items will be added to the magic item section.0

Ecology

None.

Remove ads