• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Planescape recruitment: Anyone looking to stop Tenebrous being reborn?

Thanee

First Post
Heh. Of course, the spell won't always be useful. The point is... that sounded very much like our Aasimar Battle Sorcerer (also) has that spell (or am I mistaken there? ;)), and we might end up a little too similar maybe. :)

I'll just send you what I have written down so far (background isn't done yet, of course, and some things might still change), then you can see, if they are possibly too similar.

Bye
Thanee

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
sure enough. though i have no problems with it; might be a good source of antagonism or friendly competition between two PCs (or not)

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
ill fill you all in later on when we actually start this thing (once i have everyones character sheet, and ive got all the prep work done [dont worry ive pretty much written the whole thing - its a good 100+ pages]) but for now, basically, the faction all got inolved in a large... war that ended in them being expelled from the Cage (thats Sigil) in a professional capacity.

in laymans terms this meant that while they no longer had the power to run businesses (like the Dustmen used to run the Mortuary), individual members could still work in those places, so using the above example, the Mortuary is now government-run, even though most workers are still dustmen (the faction itself fled to its main hideout in the negatvie energy plane)

so factions still have a presence in the cage, just not as organised or official. Two of te older factions (the Sign of One and the Beleivers of the Source) joined up into the Mind's eye after the war, while the Mercykillers split into the Sons of Mercy and the Sod Killers.

The war itself took pace some 5 years ago, not long before the rebirth or Orcus and any blood who calls the cage home will ahve lived through it (r left the city for its duration), so try to incorporate that into your histories if possible.

Nalfeshnee

Explorer
you mean for fun or for new spell research, or just to gauge each others abilities? i'd rather not OOC, though of course once we've begun your characters could do so :)

Remove ads