[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"None of those I'm afraid, good lady. But we do have tasks to tend to. If you would be so kind, we must press onward," Blade says politely, ready for treachery from the hag and her nightmareish mount.

Ashy

First Post
Burrow raises an eyebrow and Claw growls, but the pair otherwise make no moves. 'All this in a single day...', the mephling thinks to himself.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Vlad frowns. "She's right. None of those are in the cards for the time being. We have other agendas to tend to in the time before we shuffle off our mortal coils." He continues in his thoughts, musing on their quest in general. Like so many other people in the multiverse, we are, essentially, staving off time, hoping to buy as much of it as possible before we die. But, me, I embrace that, I wait for my time to run out, to hear death's wingéd chariot drawing near. Why does it feel closer now than it has before?

deadestdai

First Post
Flaust sized up the mounted crone. She licked her lips, thinking furiously. Then it hit her. Granma! She started trotting toward the hag. O Granma it "is" you!

The others noticed that as she was about to go to the side of the hag, that the tiefling stopped short and instead was addressing the fiery horse, arms up and opened wide as if she were walking up to hug the beast.

GM:
Flaust though had other ideas, Sense Motive +9, she tried to discern whether the hag had an inlking about their little mission, Knowledge(Planes) +9 she also tried to remember if she knew anything about this particular creature she was mounted upon and the worms that were hanging from the saddle. Any move to strike her will result in Flaust shrieking in mock fear and running to one side or other out of view of hte hag so that she might be able to sneak back again in secrecy.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
The nightmare bares its sharp teeth and snorts warningly at Flaust, sending a choking plume of brimstone and smoke her way, though the crone sitting astride it remains unruffled.

The old woman titters at Blade and Vlad's words. "Well then, little pretty ones, since you seem to be eager to get on your way, I'll just get straight to the point, shall I? I know your little plan, and I know who it's going to hurt. My question to you is this: can you offer me more to keep my bone-box shut than your enemies will to learn my chant?"

Flaust:
[Flaust rolled Sense Motive 14+9=23] Well, the hag certainly seems not to be bluffing about knowing what the group is up to, though it's unclear exactly what details she knows. [Flaust rolled Knowledge (planes) 9+9=18] You handily identify the worm things hanging behind her saddle as larvae-- souls of evil petitioners that hags and liches and demons use as currency in the lower planes. Mostly, they just lie around. The steed she is sitting on, of course, is a nightmare. These fearsome mounts can move very fast and have the ability to traverse the planes at will.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

Zoe starts to wonder, how could this hag possibly know what they have discussed in the Obscure Woe? Could this be Shamiq's doing? While they talk, she watches the crone carefully, hopefully catching some hints as to whether she speaks the truth or just tries to deceive them.

OOC: Sense Motive +17.

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
Zoe:
[Zoe rolled Sense Motive 20+17=37] You don't know how she knows, but you are certain the hag is telling the truth about knowing what the group is up to. Every indication of her body language points to her willingness to carry out her threat.

Ashy

First Post
"What do you take us for, green, leatherheaded primes? If you know so much, speak a single word that'll make us think that your words are nothing more than screed..." Burrow is obviously of the mindset that this hag is doing nothing more than trying to bob a few cutters for some jink. "After all", he says, "most cutters are always up to something..."

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

“Yes, how about you tell us whom we are going to hurt so badly with our plan, then we can maybe settle for a more serious topic.”

Zoe looks like she is close to drawing her sword and thrusting it into the crone's neck, her voice ripe with cynism, it must cost her quite a bit of willpower to restrain herself.

Remove ads