[Planescape] Squaring the Circle Redux - IC

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
"If it's proof you want, my dearies, then proof you shall have," the old woman responds, grinning wickedly. "I know you're looking for a certain creature that controls the fiends' ability to teleport. If something were to happen to it... why, I'd imagine the fiends would find themselves... somewhat limited. Fortunately for you, they've no idea it exists... yet."

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

Not knowing what kind of treachery had led them into the arms of the crone, but knowing full well, that they would stand little chance to silence her before she could flee, she forces herself to calm down further and finally says:

“And what is it then, that you are demanding for the honor of your silence?”

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
"I think you are bluffing, old woman. You speak of things you barely understand, of fairy tales and stories. You have no right to impede our passage, as we have important matters to attend to elsewhere. Stand aside and cease your gossiping, or we shall do it for you," Blade says evenly, her grip on Silver Slayer tightening. She is tired of delays, of compromising with fiends, and dancing with devils.

deadestdai

First Post
Flaust, sensing that this is a situation that could turn quite ugly at a moment's notice (Especially with her Granma acting so rudely), slowly and silently backs away from the woman, to a safe distance about 30 feet away, but with a clear line of sight. She then, as stealthily as she can reaches to retrieve Calmer (GM:
Sleight of hand+14 & Hide+15 & Move Silently +15 to do this as best she can without the hag noticing.
), her other hand hovering over her quiver in readiness to grab an arrow to fire at the hag.

Last edited:

Ferrix

Explorer
Donner, getting fed up with his groups lack of action, whistles, heeling his dogs to his side. His grip on his lance steady and waiting.

Thanee

First Post
Zoe Windwalker

Turning her back to the hag, Zoe continues.

“Before you tell us, let me fill you in with a little secret of our own. Watch!”

Zoe then whispers a prayer to the Windwalker while moving her left hand in a complicated pattern. Suddenly, the human vanishes and in her stead a large skeletal creature with a scorpion's tail appears - a bone devil.

Snickering, the creature turns back around.

“So, you want to tell the fiends, but I tell you, the fiends already know. How's that for a little surprise? Yet, we are not ungrateful for your deeds, hag. Tell me, what do you choose as your reward?”

Hoping to catch the hag unprepared for what to come now, Zoe does not wait any longer. As soon as she opens her mouth for a reply, an ugly green ray springs forth from one of the bone claws and races towards the hag.

OOC: Casting Planar Exchange [PLH]. Using Dimensional Anchor spell-like ability. And hoping that this works out somehow. ;)

Last edited:

Sephiroth no Miko

First Post
As Flaust expected, the situation does suddenly get very ugly very fast. As she is backing out of the plume of smoke from the irritable nightmare, and quietly drawing her bow, she notices Zoe turning her back on the hag from out of the corner of her eye. Within the space of a few seconds, her silver-plated form is suddenly replaced by a gangly 9' foot tall devil, disconcerting several party members in the process.

The hag gapes momentarily in surprise. "You...!" she sputters, but by then the devil-formerly-known-as-Zoe is already acting....

Initiative (status):
Zoe as a Bone Devil (95/95)
Kiaros (54/54)
Donner (94/94) on Grizzle (62/62)
Oppinimos Mar (uninjured) on Nightmare (uninjured)
Flaust (51/51, -1 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Con)
Burrow (100/100)
Blade (106/106)
Rupert (uninjured, ability damaged)
Vlad (56/61, -4 Con)

Companions and Familiars:
Claw (62/62, -4 Str, -2 Dex, -2 Con)
Aegis, Arbor and Tor (33/33, -3 Str, -3 Dex, -3 Con)
Hrothgeat (42/42, -4 Str, -4 Dex, -1 Con)

Ability damage from the ghost battle still in effect. Burrow is still stoneskinned (104/110). Ehr, those PCs with animal companions, familiars and whatnot-- just assume they go at the same time as your character. It gets too hairy rolling separate initiatives for them as well. For this first round, I only have an action for Zoe (casting dimensional anchor) thus far.

Bone Devil Stats: AC 25 (-1 size, +5 Dex, +11 natural); hp 95; Init +9; Spd 40 ft.; Grp +19; Atk +14 melee (bite, 1d8+5) and +12 melee (2 claws, 1d4+2) and sting +12 melee (3d4+2 plus poison); Space/Reach 10 ft./10 ft.; SA spell-like abilities, fear aura, poison; SQ darkvision, DR 10/good, immunity to fire and poison, resistance to acid 10 and cold 10, see in darkness, SR 21, telepathy; Str 21, Dex 21, Con 21, Int 14, Wis 14, Cha 14; Fort +12, Ref +12, Will +11.

Map Notes: Everyone is identified by the initial of their first name, except Blade who is identified by an "S" (for Stopthrust/spiker) and Arbor, who is identified by a "R" (for aRbor/riding dog). PCs are in gray, companions are in white, and enemies are in red. The hag is not Large, but the nightmare she is riding is. The rectangle behind her is the portal back to Sigil.

Thanee

First Post
OOC: I suppose there is still a move action left then, so Zoe's Bone Devil will move right in front of the mounted hag after throwing the ray, to get her within reach (E6/F7).

If she moves away from the bone devil then, the resulting AoO will be used as a trip attack against the riding hag (provoking an AoO as normal).

Last edited:

Isida Kep'Tukari

Adventurer
Supporter
*Blade charges towards the hag, drawing Silver Slayer as she does, and comes to a halt ten feet from her.*

"Retreat now, or die by our hands!" she challenges, holding the dire flail out in front of her in a threatening manner.

Old Fezziwig

What this book presupposes is -- maybe he didn't?
Vlad starts an incantation, attempting to summon a hound archon from Celestia.

OOC: Casts Summon Monster V from a scroll.

Remove ads