D&D 5E Planescape WotC first look video.

I'm A Banana

Potassium-Rich
There's all kinds of cameos across the existing adventure books (ex., Mordenkainen in Curse of Strahd, Dragonbait in Tomb of Annihilation, etc.). They've been doing this sort of thing for years already.
And it's weak here.

Based on the lengthy press preview, it seems that Morte does not.play a major ongoing role. But the mechanics of shifting characters as they die and come back might alloe.for.some very different Adcenture design. I'm intrigued.
Ah, so maybe some more interesting things going on with the awakening in the Mortuary thing! A PS adventure about death being a little broken makes a lot of sense and could be pretty cool since the primary stomping grounds of adventurers is various afterlives, and it could help with the PS vibes of the PC's defining some metaphysics.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
Ah, so maybe some more interesting things going on with the awakening in the Mortuary thing! A PS adventure about death being a little broken makes a lot of sense and could be pretty cool since the primary stomping grounds of adventurers is various afterlives, and it could help with the PS vibes of the PC's defining some metaphysics.
Another preview clarified that each player makes 3 variants of their PC, and bits get switched out after death or certain milestones. Sounds very creative. Also, the Adventure gives a home base for the characters exploring the Outlands that is basically Howl's Moving Castle?

Stormonu

Legend
I totally passed those up, scrolling past quickly thinking they were just monodrones again. Nope, nonaton and octon! I wonder how many hierarch modrons we're getting - hopefully the full lot!

Edit, it's a decaton and a nonaton. Count the limbs!
facepalm How did I miss counting the arm on the top of its head?

Remove ads