D&D 5E Planescape WotC first look video.

Stormonu

Legend
It's Thomas the Modron Engine!
Well, I think I know who the dad is....
1695327500952.png

facepalm How did I miss counting the arm on the top of its head?
Lol no problem. Official art for some of the heirarch modrons, especially the nonaton, is very sparse. I think that all there is for them is the 1e MM2 (where they're more cylindrical) and a background shot or two in the 2e Planescape Planes of Law set (where they're more worm-like, as here). The Planescape set's monster booklet only has art for mondrones, a quadrone, and a decaton, and that's it for the entire modron entry that covers all of the variants all the way up to Primus. It will be very nice to have clear, modern artwork for the hierarchs like we're seeing here (and with a cool, but logical, more mechanized reinterpretation)...

Last edited:

BB Shockwave

Explorer
I put that DM screen together.
Planescape - DM screen.jpg

Lol no problem. Official art for some of the heirarch modrons, especially the nonaton, is very sparse. I think that all there is for them is the 1e MM2 (where they're more cylindrical) and a background shot or two in the 2e Planescape Planes of Law set (where they're more worm-like, as here). The Planescape set's monster booklet only has art for mondrones, a quadrone, and a decaton, and that's it for the entire modron entry that covers all of the variants all the way up to Primus. It will be very nice to have clear, modern artwork for the hierarchs like we're seeing here (and with a cool, but logical, more mechanized reinterpretation)...
I think we only have one drawing of Nonatons, so yeah, not much for the new artists to go on. Other than base Modrons and Decatons, other Hierarchs rarely even appeared in adventures.

"Did you like Three Kobolds In A Trench Coat? Then you'll love this year's sequel, Cranium Rat Swarm In A Trench Coat!"
And watch the miniature be another convention exclusive... :D
I think it will be used to represent an agent of "The Us" who tries to communicate with the players, we will see.

It's Thomas the Modron Engine!
"Thomas noted that Mr. Conductor was on time like always, and Thomas knew that was good. Punctuality was the core of his being as a creature of pure Law."

Last edited:

BB Shockwave

Explorer
The Great Modron March has artwork of almost every type of Modron, from Monodrones to Quinton (and even Primus). I am pretty sure they based the 5E Nonaton on the 2E from this book, thankfully removing the mouth-tentacles and adding an extra arm on top.
Sadly, the art for the Quarton just shows the head and shoulders.

Decaton.jpgDecaton Nonaton.jpgNonaton Octon.jpgOcton
Septon.jpgSepton 2.jpgSepton Hexton.jpgHexton
Quinton.jpgQuinton Quarton1.jpgQuatron Tertian.jpgTertian
Secundus.jpgSecundus Primus and Tenebrous.jpg Primus

dave2008

Legend
The Great Modron March has artwork of almost every type of Modron, from Monodrones to Quinton (and even Primus). I am pretty sure they based the 5E Nonaton on the 2E from this book, thankfully removing the mouth-tentacles and adding an extra arm on top.
Sadly, the art for the Quarton just shows the head and shoulders.

View attachment 295749Decaton View attachment 295751Nonaton View attachment 295752Octon
View attachment 295757View attachment 295756Septon View attachment 295750Hexton
View attachment 295754Quinton View attachment 295753Quatron View attachment 295758Tertian
View attachment 295755Secundus View attachment 295759 Primus
Goodness, I much prefer Primus from the 1e MM2.

1695340649683.png

Remove ads