• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Plans

injuredwyvern

First Post
We, for the most part, managed to win the chase with the worg riders and return to Delve safely. Our first order of buisness was to visit the Baron's Seneshel (?) Percy. We explained to him about what we found out about the goblins and the boat with black sails and the artifact. We also gave him the remains of the Baron's son, and after a lot of convincing, the signet ring.
Next, Tyrm, Tormal, and I headed up to Celest's tower to investigate the flying thing in the sky, and see if we could get some help catching up with the ship or getting a message down to Stormhaven. Percy might help us get a message to Stormhaven, but he believes the government of Stormhaven won't care much. We need help from someone down there that we can trust. Right now I can only think of Emaratis and Carnath, what do you all think? In any case, the merchants delivering things to Percy might be willing to give us a ride in their airship, but there may be issues with that. First, Dora, the captain, will want something in return for giving us a ride. I think if we offer some percentage of the things found on board the ship, that might get us in. The other problem is whether or not our whole group can handle riding with Dora and her crew who are goblins.
Any thoughts?

BSF

Explorer
A couple of minor corrections.

The seneschal is named Percy. Kelust's apprentice is name Parvis. I believe Ceru meant Parvis in each place he use Percy in that last paragraph. The zeppelin captain's name is Dola, not Dora.

Macbeth

First Post
Goblin Zeppelins, eh? Well, Deigh is willing to ride along with them, if only for the greater good. As long as they don't bother him, he won't bother them, at least as long as we're in the air. Right now the relic is more important then racial tensions, and Deigh is only really against the goblins that stole the relic. If these can prove themselves to be honest, hard-working folk, Deigh has no problem with them.

I'm all for using the airship to move after the black-sailed ship.

I think I may be able to make at least some of this friday's session, but the friday after that is now looking busy for me.

Macbeth

First Post
So, what happened after I left?

If there's still some chance of us keeping the ship itself, and maybe converting it to another source of power (assuming those creatures powered it), I say we go for it. Even if we can't get another power source to make it fly, maybe we could keep it as a river boat. All the places we regularly visit (Delve, Greerson, Stormhaven) are near water, and that way we can move about more quickly... and maybe eventually we can make it fly again. Having a flying ship would be great...

BSF

Explorer
I'll keep it brief. The group managed to crash it. To be fair, a natural 1 was rolled. Besides, actually getting those things to take off and land without training is pretty darned difficult. You need professional training and skill to safely pilot a flying ship.

Converting to a different locomotion source would require some very, very skilled folks. Dola can fill you in on a little history.

Steamwork flying machines, like her zeppelin, are comparitively easy to manufacture. Of course, they are also not very fast. 20 - 30 Mph top speed. They require a lot of upkeep and are fairly expensive. Of course, if you can get a good trade route, or something similar, it is possible to keep the things going.

A ship like the one you just assaulted is a completely different story. Originally, those were AElfarii in design. They can easily outpace zeppelins, hitting 50-60 mph regularly. There are stories of ships that can reach over 100 mph and the supposed limit is 200 mph. The biggest disadvantage to such ships is that most of them top out at 500' altitude max.

The Aelfar generally don't rely on necromantic energies to power their flying ships. They tend to prefer oil and wood burners for the cheap ships with the mroe expensive ships being rumored to used trapped elementals. But there is at least one lich on the islands of the Aelfar and it is possible that some necromantic powered engines come from there. Dola didn't quite believe it before she saw it.

What a necromantic powered ship of Aelfar design was doing with a relic of Pter en route to Borgash is an interesting question.

injuredwyvern

First Post
We did manage to save the dragon that was on board the ship, but its in pretty bad shape. We've pretty much determined that we need to cast a restoration on it to get it all healed up. The ship itself though we pretty much sunk, so our hopes of owning it are gone, but on the bright side we don't really have to worry about them coming after us in it.

As for our next plans, we have several options which we discussed, but have not yet decided on. The first and closest option is to head to Stormhaven. We can check in with Emeratis and fill him in with what we found out about Castanimere's island. We can also get the Merinthian Oracles to Featherright and he might be able to give us some nifty information. The second option is to get dropped off at Mt. Ternell. This way we could return the artifact we just recovered and in return they would probably be willing to give us a free restoration for our dragon friend. We could also head to Delve with perhaps enough time to assist with rescuing the head priest of Belmay.

It's a tough call, but I think Ceru is gonna vote for a quick stop at Mt. Ternell, and then head back to Delve. We are responsible to some degree for causing this war, so perhaps we should participate a little bit...

Tormal

First Post
Tormal is extremely amazed at the events he has recently witnessed. Never, in his right mind, had he though ships could fly. He had heard stories long ago but dismissed them without question. To actually be on not just one but two, well, that was an amazing thing to him. Although he feels bad about Oceas's torn clothing and possible soreness he is proud of the fact he did prevent him from getting severely hurt when he fell off of the ship. On the other hand Tormal continually rants and raves about the fact that he got his ass literally handed to him in that combat. He shows everyone the slashes across his gut and chest where he had failed to realize his opponets manuevers. He finally stops complaining hours after the incident stating that he "will train himself to prevent that from happening again."

Tormal makes it pretty clear that he wants to go to stormhaven drop of the oracles and relay inof to emeratis, head to mt ternell, then go back to delve. He agree's with Ceru's statement and feel that it is, in some part, SOL's fault. He is also looking for a chance to vindicate himself after recent failures at the goblin's hands and the demoness lady.

Macbeth

First Post
How'd things go last week? :)

Also, is there any chance this Friday could be our week off for April? I think I may be busy, and it would be best for me if this Friday was off. However, if we do play, I MAY still be able to make at least part of the session, but I might have to leave really early.

Remove ads