• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Player Races in Upcoming Volo's Guide to Monsters

I noticed in another screen shot that two interesting tables were listed, Angellic Guide Names and Angellic Guide Natures, interesting.

So do you fellow forumites think Angellic Guide is obviously something for the Assimar and has me excited.

The only other option that comes to mind is angel, guide in the bestiary section (it wouldn't hurt to have a few more celestials), but I suspect you are right that this is for the Assimar. I am curious to see what the guide does. Nice to see them getting out from under the tieflings' shadows with a little mechanical distinction.

gyor

Legend
The only other option that comes to mind is angel, guide in the bestiary section (it wouldn't hurt to have a few more celestials), but I suspect you are right that this is for the Assimar. I am curious to see what the guide does. Nice to see them getting out from under the tieflings' shadows with a little mechanical distinction.

Hope they still have dark vision.

gyor

Legend
I kind of what to play a Yaun Ti Pureblood Star Pact Warlock of Dendar that views themselves a Priests of Dendar, Tomelock, with Cleric and Druid Cantrips and rituals.

I also want to play somekind of Firbolg worshipper of Mask in his giant aspect, a Cleric of the Trickery Domain. Or a Giant God of Trickery.

An Aasimar or Taxabi worshipper of Sharess.

A clear headed Lizardfolk Battlemaster that uses it bite to great effect.

A goblin paladin inspired by the writings of George Taskar.

A Bugbear Assassin.

Finding out about the Angellic Guides is killing me with curiousity. If it is Aasimar related, then what happens if the Aasimar is evil, a Fallen Angellic Guide?

Triton Ranger with Giant Crab or Frog companion.

Last edited:

Parmandur

Book-Friend
OK, per the Reddit AMA Table of Contents, which was clarified by the OP, there are only 13 races: seven that get full write-ups, and six that get just crunch in Chapter Two, and refer to Chapter One for fluff: Goblin, Hob, Bufbear, Orc, Kobold and Yuan-Ti. No other Player stats...

OK, per the Reddit AMA Table of Contents, which was clarified by the OP, there are only 13 races: seven that get full write-ups, and six that get just crunch in Chapter Two, and refer to Chapter One for fluff: Goblin, Hob, Bufbear, Orc, Kobold and Yuan-Ti. No other Player stats...
I think some of writeups for Goblins, Orcs, Kobolds and Yuan-Ti in the Chapter 1 might cover the fluff for them.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads