Player's Guide to Eberron (Book Approval)

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
I remember a thread about this PrC going up after the book came out and Keith Baker said something specifically, but I can't remember if he was saying that it was changed to be too powerful after it got out of his hands or not.
He said he had nothing to do with it.

Yeah, that's just an insane class. I can understand wanting to encourange use of the double scimitar, but that's just nuts.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Can we look at Mists and Twisted Shadows? I'll vote a temporary NO and ask for a review of those by others. Convince me why those aren't extremely powerful. Mists is almost like a Warlock Invocation, and it certainly puts Dreamsight Elite to incredible incredible incredible shame (check Dreamsight Elite--you'll see)/

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Thoughts:
- Purge aberration is just the aberration version of the ability that WotC has been giving to clerics recently: 1d6 damage per cleric level (see Destroy Undead, p 87 in Complete Divine). They are adding the first 5 levels required to get into the PrC, however, which is a bit odd though I see why they did it.

- Manifest Spellshapers apply to spells only (which is odd as it say is includes psions, which are psi power, though are treated as spells sometime). Infusions don't apply (so it cannot to artificers)

- Valenar Trample: You can only overrun 1 opponent per overrun, so that is 1 target. Main benefit is that both you and your horse get to attack instead of no one (w/o Trample) or your horse (w/ Trample). I'd also say the Improved Overrun does not apply (the *horse* is overrunning/trampling, not you). Its not a problem.

- Zaelshin Tu: Three +2 bonuses are at least 900gp (using multiple similar ability rule of item creation); the feat bonus is class restricted, so its 30% off whatever a feat would cost (about 10,000gp looking at feat granting items), so 7000gp for that. Adding 1.5 the lower ability since we have two different features gives us a rough process of 8350gp. Its only usuable by Valenar elves, so depending on how generous you want to be, the price would be in the 4175-6262gp range, meaning its woefully underpriced.

- Revenant Blade: If folks don't like it, thats fine by me. I'm not attached, and probably misjudged it.

- Mastery of the Mists: You do have to be 9th level for this to work, which by then a Dreamsight Elite shifter is going to be able to shift and see invisible whenever he/she really needs it (the shifter in my RL campaign can do it at least 7 times per day and have it last longer than a minute each time); so I don't think that part is an huge issue. And targetting one creating/object on the Ethereal sometimes (you'll be able to do 4th level spells 50% of the time when you first take the feat) is worse than Transdimensional spell which gets everybody there, guaranteed.

- Mastery of the Twisted Shadows: Auto-blur whenever you cast an illusion spell. Duration is a bit much, especially as you can take this 1st level. 1 round, maybe.

PS Anyone have a problem w/ the warforged ones?

The following passed:
- Chosen of the Deathless
- Battlebred
- Manifest Druid
- Mastery of Chaos and Order
- Mastery of Dreams
- Mastery of Faerie Enchantment
- Mastery of Ice and Fire
- Mastery of Madness
- Mastery of the Azure Sky
- Mastery of the Battleground
- Mastery of the Dead
- Mastery of the Silver Void
- Mastery of Twilight Denizens

Bront

The man with the probe
YES to Aereni Focus, Aerenal Arcanist, and Aerenal Half-Life.

Focus is good, but it's 1st level only, fits with the culture, and is STILL only a glorified skill focus. Remember, most people taking it won't get another feat till 3rd level.

The problem with Dreamsight Elete is that it's another action to activate the extra ability. I'd personaly houserule that out, but with it in, it's not that great.

stonegod

Bront said:
he problem with Dreamsight Elete is that it's another action to activate the extra ability. I'd personaly houserule that out, but with it in, it's not that great.
Last I checked, its free action to shift, 1 full action to go elite.

Bront

The man with the probe
stonegod said:
Last I checked, its free action to shift, 1 full action to go elite.
Yeah, but that's one of the only shifter abilities to require that, and it's not that great given it's limited application.

stonegod

I could buy it at a shorter time, but that'd have to be a proposal. :)

What about the two 'forged feats: Shocking Fist and Overload Metabolism?

stonegod

stonegod said:
I could buy it at a shorter time, but that'd have to be a proposal. :)

What about the two 'forged feats: Shocking Fist and Overload Metabolism?
I'd like to bump this for a look again at these two and at the Jungle Juice (two new poisons). If someone does not have the book, let me know and I can email the material. We need only 1 more vote on each (assuming no objections) for them to pass.

Remove ads