Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards, & Sorcerers?

Nightfall

Sage of the Scarred Lands
Re: Re: Player's Guide to Wizards, Bards, & Sorcerers?

Barastrondo said:

Lots... but the non-disclosure agreements... well, you know.

As far as general statements go, though, I think it'll be a good book for those who aren't totally burned on the idea of class-books by now. I find it hard to judge my own work objectively, but the files I read by my fellow authors were chock-full of interesting ideas and refreshing new takes on not just how said arcane classes work in the SL, but why — why they even exist at all! As one of the veteran GM-types who's deeply interested in world-building, I thought it was a great book for fleshing out a setting that complements the D&D rules without being mercilessly shackled to the generic 3e world assumptions. Plus, the rules appendices I looked over were full of stuff I deemed well worth modifying/stealing even for non-Scarred Lands campaigns.

So presuming that my own stuff doesn't suck, I think it'll be a fine book; the other parts certainly kicked ass. I'm quite looking forward to the finished product.

I seriously doubt that your stuff will suck Ethan. :) Have tremendous faith in you since you did Hollowfaust and helped with the SLCS a little. Btw have you seen the spell section yet? ;)

Ethan, I've heard some of your Wizards stuff, from when Joe was visiting here after GenCon. Trust me--it is so far from sucking, it actually blows.

Wait, that didn't come out right. ;)

Seriously, just the few bits I've heard are some of the best stuff on wizards in D&D I've ever seen. No joke, no lie. I'd buy it for your section alone.

tabrumj

First Post
The whole book is really darn good. While most of it is fairly specific to the Scarred Lands, the rules stuff should be pretty portable to anywhere else. And their is definetly some nice crunchy stuff in here, including one of my new all time favorite feats. Honestly this book has a decent utility for even non scarred lands players. Great work guys.

Remove ads