players making useless characthers

Mixmaster

Explorer
LOL! ROTFLMAO!!!!! :wipes tears:

That post from Jax has to be one of the funniest posts I've read in a long time.

Jeff, god of biscuits

I love it when I heard an Eddie Izzard reference. :D

But seriously:

On a couple of those issues this would have been the conversation:

DM: There's no undead.
PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Dude, there's no undead. Pick something else.
PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Well, guess you're going to have to sit this out until I run an adventure with undead. I'll call you when that happens.
PC: UHhhhhhh.... OK, Fighter then.

Problem solved. DM's have to put their foot down sometimes. If I have people who are unwilling to "do the right thing" I'll try to work with them or I chuck them.

Setting up a game takes time. Time you don't want to waste by coddling players who don't want to see your vision in what you want for a game. I completely understand that it's the players' game too, but if a player is going to be unreasonable and that it spoils the other players time and enjoyment, STEPS MUST BE TAKEN.

One more time:

GM: Who does your paladin worship troy?
Troy: Jeff, god of biscuits.
GM: There is no Jeff, god of biscuits... I told you where you can choose a god from, so pick a real one.
Troy: It doesn't matter, my guy is a paladin not a cleric
GM: Paladins are supposed to follow a god like a cleric, it's where they get their powers from... so who is your God?
Troy: Told ya, Jeff god of bisquits.
GM: (deep breath) OK, you can pick a proper god OR he will be a Fighter who worships Jeff OR (points to door) you can leave.

Simple as that.

Jax

First Post
*grin*

Mix,

"PC: I'm an Undead Slayer.
DM: Well, guess you're going to have to sit this out until I run an adventure with undead. I'll call you when that happens.
PC: UHhhhhhh.... OK, Fighter then."

That's basically what happened in that game.

anyways, enjoy... :)

Zappo

Explorer
Mmm, there's a smell in the air... it's either a troll, or a gaming group that's going to go down in flames sooner or later.

Thorntangle

First Post
I've said it before and I'll say it again:

There's nothing better than the airing of dirty laundry gamer style.

Last edited:

Remove ads