• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Players wanted! (You pick the campaign!)

Guardsmith

First Post
I’ve finally decided that I’m going to run a PbP campaign here at EN World. Problem is, I’m not sure what to run. Actually, that’s not completely true, my first choice was a True20 Freeport game, but I couldn’t drum up enough interest, so I had to toss it.

So, rather than post up my other ideas, only to have them possibly fail one by one, I thought I’d post a few of my campaign ideas and see which got the most interest.

Idea #1 – Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 2E: This would be a standard WFRP game, for which I’ll be running the Paths of the Damned adventures.

Idea #2 – d20 Modern: The PCs will be “average” people recruited for their heroic potential to battle monsters and the supernatural. The campaign’s magic/supernatural level would be somewhere between the Shadow Slayers and Urbana Arcana models in the rulebook

Idea #3 – Mutants & Masterminds 2E: This would be a “street level” campaign (think Spider-man, Batman or Daredevil) set in the “real” world similar to that of the X-men movies.

Idea #4 – D&D 3.5: I’d be running the Freeport Trilogy in the D&D core setting with a couple of tweaks to lower the level of magic/magic items a bit.

Are any of these interesting to anyone? Anyone have any questions?

:)

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
#3 would be interesting to me. :)

I could see all of them generating at least enough interest to get a game running, though #4 is likely the easiest to fill up, naturally. ;)

Bye
Thanee

Velmont

First Post
Maybe #4 is easiest to fill, but I would be interested to play in #3. I would like to have some kind of street preacher, but for once, he would have divine powers (or something that looks like it :p )

Insight

Adventurer
Guardsmith said:
I’ve finally decided that I’m going to run a PbP campaign here at EN World. Problem is, I’m not sure what to run. Actually, that’s not completely true, my first choice was a True20 Freeport game, but I couldn’t drum up enough interest, so I had to toss it.

Bravo! Hopefully you can get some people together for this.

Idea #1 – Warhammer Fantasy Role Play 2E: This would be a standard WFRP game, for which I’ll be running the Paths of the Damned adventures.

Finding people for this wouldn't be hard, but we've had some bad luck getting WFRP games off the ground. I'd like to see one go through.

Idea #2 – d20 Modern: The PCs will be “average” people recruited for their heroic potential to battle monsters and the supernatural. The campaign’s magic/supernatural level would be somewhere between the Shadow Slayers and Urbana Arcana models in the rulebook.

Modern could be fun. I think I'd vote this #1 in terms of my interest.

Idea #3 – Mutants & Masterminds 2E: This would be a “street level” campaign (think Spider-man, Batman or Daredevil) set in the “real” world similar to that of the X-men movies.

This would probably be the easiest to fill of the non-D&D games. I'd vote this #2 in terms of my interest.

Idea #4 – D&D 3.5: I’d be running the Freeport Trilogy in the D&D core setting with a couple of tweaks to lower the level of magic/magic items a bit.

You shouldn't have any trouble finding people for any D&D game. I have to admit my interest in this is fairly low, just because there are so many D&D games going on, both IRL and on these boards.

Jemal

Adventurer
I'ld be interested in #3 IF I had access to Mutants+Masterminds... most of my Super-Hero gaming uses BESM.

I'ld like to try #4, however. I'm ALWAYS up for more D&D

Blind Azathoth

Explorer
As with Insight, #2 sounds the most appealing to me, followed closely by #3. I've had plenty of chances to play in D&D games before...not so much d20 Modern or M&M, and I'd love to play in either.

Remove ads